Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/25/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Significantly Expands R&D Capabilities in China. Establishes China Innovation Center in Shanghai". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific China Innovation Center, Shanghai|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific, Suzhou manufacturing plant|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has established the China Innovation Center in Shanghai, significantly expanding its research, development and training capabilities to support high-growth markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Thermo Fisher has invested $9.5 million in the new China Innovation Center to support its rapidly growing R&D organization, which is expected to add 200 to 300 engineers during the next two to three years. The new facility will include a Technology Training Center to instruct up to 2,500 customers per year in the use of its industry-leading chromatography and mass spectrometry systems, among other technologies.
"China is one of our fastest-growing markets and continues to be a key contributor to our success," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The China Innovation Center builds on our well-established local presence and is an important next step as we align our product development efforts with investments in our manufacturing infrastructure."
Coming on the heels of the company's new Suzhou manufacturing facility, which opened in November 2012, the China Innovation Center supports product engineering, development and training to meet the specific needs of customers in China and Asia-Pacific. Thermo Fisher built the $20 million Suzhou plant to address increased demand for laboratory equipment and consumables from life sciences customers in the region.
The China Innovation Center includes more than 30,000 square feet of biology laboratories, design-verification-test and application laboratories. An additional 10,000 square feet are reserved for training, allowing for multiple training courses to be taught simultaneously.
Since entering the Chinese market three decades ago, Thermo Fisher has established a strong commercial, manufacturing, and research and development infrastructure, becoming one of the largest companies serving the life sciences market in the country. The company founded its original China Technology Center in 2010 as a research and development site for instruments and other products for Asia-Pacific markets.
Thermo Fisher's revenue in China grew by more than 20 percent in 2012. In addition to Shanghai and Suzhou, the company has operations in Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Chengdu, Shenyang and Xi'an, with nearly 2,300 employees in the country.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenue of $13 billion, we have 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]