Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: New HRAM System Makes Orbitrap Technology More Widely Accessible. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus LC-MS/MS Makes its Pittcon Debut". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||RIKILT Wageningen UR|
|Product||Q Exactive™ Focus LC-MS/MS system|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Index term||Univ Lausanne–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201410 supply existent Bertrand Rochat early access user of Q Exactive Focus LC-MS/MS system|
|Index term 2||Wageningen Univ–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201503 supply existent Hans Mol RIKILT Wageningen UR early access user of Q Exactive Focus|
|Person||Miller, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201111– VP Marketing Life Sciences MS before Agilent Marketing Director LC/MS)|
|Person 2||Rochat, Bertrand (Univ Lausanne 201410 CHUV)|
Laboratories performing food and environmental testing, clinical research, forensic toxicology, pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical measurements and other applied analyses can now benefit from the performance of high-resolution accurate-mass (HRAM) Orbitrap mass spectrometry using a new instrument designed for cost-per-sample-sensitive workflows.
The new Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus LC-MS/MS, exhibited for the first time at Pittcon 2015 (booth 2523) at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, is designed to make the qualitative and quantitative power of Orbitrap-based instruments available to customers who use quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometry or comparable mid-tier technologies.
“Many of our customers at applied and small-scale research labs have been telling us they want the combined screening and quantitation capabilities of hybrid mass spectrometry in their labs, where cost per sample and time-to-results really matter,” said Ken Miller, vice president, marketing, life sciences mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher Scientific. “We are pleased to announce that Orbitrap technology has now evolved into the Q Exactive Focus system for this purpose.”
“The Q Exactive Focus system is rapidly becoming the gold standard because this single instrument will answer routine quantitative and research analytical demands at an affordable price,” said Dr. Bertrand Rochat, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland, a Q Exactive Focus early access user.
“I consider the Q Exactive Focus instrument well-suited for pesticide residue analysis,” said early access user Dr. Hans Mol, RIKILT Wageninen UR, in the Netherlands. “Besides comparable quantitative data for frequently detected compounds, this instrument provides a complementary screen of many other compounds from the same injection.”
The Q Exactive Focus benchtop LC-MS/MS combines high-performance quadrupole precursor ion selection with an HRAM Orbitrap mass analyzer, engineered to provide excellent mass accuracy, sensitivity and fast polarity switching. Extensive testing in company laboratories have shown this instrument to selectively and accurately quantify and confirm analytes with comparable sensitivity to triple quadrupole instruments.
The Q Exactive Focus is designed to deliver up to 70,000 resolution at m/z 200, and scan speed up to 12 Hz. Sub ppm mass accuracy has been achieved routinely in company and early access user laboratories. The instrument is designed for quantitation experiments, with capabilities that include selected ion monitoring (SIM), parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) and data-independent acquisition (DIA).
Full scan confirmation mode and PRM are designed for targeted screening combined with reproducible quantitation results. DIA is intended to provide qualitative coverage for screening unknowns with supporting quantitative data for many of the unknowns identified.
Please visit Pittcon booth 2523 or www.thermofisher.com/qefocus for more information.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
San Jose, Calif., USA
Emeryville, Calif., USA
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]