Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/1/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Exhibits Latest Chemical, Pathogen Analysis Tools at AOAC". Las Vegas.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, is highlighting a wide range of innovative, recently-introduced food analysis tools at AOAC's 2012 Annual Meeting. The company is exhibiting key technologies for detecting, measuring and identifying chemical, trace elemental and pathogenic food contamination.
"Our company takes a comprehensive approach to food analysis," said Dom Testa, vice president, Marketing, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We attack both the chemical and biological threats to food supplies. It takes an organization the size of Thermo Fisher to address the complexities of the food supply chain on a global as well as local scale, and we're committed to making a real difference when it comes to analyzing food quality."
Thermo Fisher is featuring the following systems within booth 503 at Planet Hollywood during the three-day conference from Oct. 1-4, 2012:
> Workflows designed for quick and easy enrichment, detection and confirmation of pathogens such as Salmonella species from food, animal feed and environmental samples;
> Thermo Scientific Dionex Corona ultra RS detector, which brings charged aerosol detection to UHPLC, as well as HPLC. Specifications indicate that the device detects more analytes than UV, with similar sensitivity;
> Thermo Scientific microPHAZIR handheld NIR material analyzer for convenience in the field;
> Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-5000 reagent-free, high-pressure ion chromatography system, which combines analytical and capillary IC in one system;
> The Thermo Scientific iCAP Q inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) system, a latest-generation instrument for identifying elemental contamination down to trace levels;
> Thermo Scientific Exactive Plus Orbitrap liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) system for high-throughput screening, identifying and quantifying compounds in complex matrices;
> Thermo Scientific TSQ 8000 triple quadrupole gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) system, designed for workhorse productivity and uncompromised MS/MS simplicity;
> And several other benchtop instruments useful across food analysis workflows, including magnetic particle processor, microplate reader, real-time PCR and microplate washer.
In addition, laboratory equipment, chemicals, and supplies offered through the Fisher Scientific distribution channel will be featured in booth 409.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is also participating in scientific sessions on wine analysis; measuring secondary metabolites in botanicals, supplements, foods and beverages; and automated on-line high-resolution mass spectrometry for determination of mycotoxins in animal feed. Thermo Fisher scientists are also presenting 31 technical posters during the conference.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Stu Matlow, +1 408-965-6408
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]