Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/27/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Demonstrates Leadership in Food Safety at AOAC 2010. Highlights Include Food Safety Response Center and Complete Workflow Solutions". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Food Safety Response Center, Dreieich|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||National Research Council of Canada, Institute for Marine Biosciences (NCR-IMB)|
|Product||Exactive™ LC/MS system|
|Product 2||TraceFinder™ software|
|Person||Chang, James (Thermo Fisher 201004 Food Safety Specialist)|
|Person 2||Broski, Gerry (Thermo Fisher 201009 Marketing Director Food Safety)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced it will demonstrate its broad range of Thermo Scientific products and services for food safety at the Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC) Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla on September 26-29, 2010. The company will highlight its food safety innovation with a focus on complete workflow solutions including Thermo Scientific Tracefinder software and the innovative Exactive™ Orbitrap® benchtop LC/MS. Within booths 400, 402, 501 and 503, Thermo Fisher will also display its unique capability to rapidly develop chemical contamination detection methods during a food safety crisis, delivered through its recently opened Thermo Fisher Scientific Food Safety Response Center.
The Food Safety Response Center demonstrates Thermo Fisher's position as an innovator in food safety. It is a global food testing laboratory created with the sole purpose of helping contain costly and life-threatening chemical contamination crises. Located in Dreieich, Germany, the Center is equipped with state-of-the-art Thermo Scientific analytical instruments that enable world-class scientists to rapidly develop methods for detecting chemical contaminants in food. All methods developed are made available - at no charge - to regulators, contract testing labs and end users to enable analysis of food matrices for chemical contaminants.
Gerry Broski, marketing director for food safety at Thermo Fisher comments: "With the use of our leading analytical technologies and applications expertise, the FSRC's capacity for rapid, responsive method development in time of crises was clearly shown when activated recently in response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The Center was able to quickly develop two new analytical screening methods which can detect petroleum contamination in oysters and fish, both of which involved step-by-step testing procedures that could be quickly implemented by food and environmental laboratories."
The Thermo Scientific booths at AOAC will highlight a number of workflows comprised of the company's world leading mass spectrometry, FTIR, elemental and photometric analyzers. A key focus will be the Thermo Scientific Exactive LC/MS using Orbitrap technology which offers high-resolution capacity for screening both targeted and untargeted compounds without the need for extraction or clean-up. The company will also demonstrate its powerful software solutions including LIMS and Tracefinder TM software which functions with a variety of workflows to make routine screening and quantitation of contaminants a simple process. With this extensive range of leading technologies, Thermo Fisher's innovative workflows blend automated sample preparation, instrumentation and data management products enabling lab analysts to perform the right analysis using the best technique when responding to food safety challenges.
Keynote speaker, Dr. Jeremy Melanson of the National Research Council of Canada, Institute for Marine Biosciences, will present results from a collaborative study with Thermo Fisher Scientific food safety scientist Jim Chang at this year's AOAC meeting. The presentation is entitled Quantitation of Marine Biotoxins in Shellfish by Ultrahigh Resolution Mass Spectrometry. The company will also present Advances in Automation of Food-Related Analysis. Thermo Fisher will also feature six new posters at the meeting, including the poster Mass Spectrometry for Non-Targeted Detection of Chemicals in Food Using Orbitrap Technology.
For more information about Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions and the wide range of applications for food safety, please visit any of the Thermo Scientific booths at AOAC 2010, call 800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/foodsafety.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Name: Charlotte Culley
Phone: +44 1477 539539
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]