Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/7/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Klaus Lindpaintner to Lead Strategic Development of Innovative Analytical Technologies". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||LIFE SCIENCES|
|Person||Lindpaintner, Klaus (Thermo Fisher 201211– CSO before Strategic Diagnostics + Roche)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that Klaus Lindpaintner, MD, MPH, and Edison T. Liu, MD, have joined its Scientific Advisory Board. The board was created in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world's premier centers of health, science and education.
Dr. Lindpaintner became an internal member of the Scientific Advisory Board after recently joining Thermo Fisher in the newly created role of chief scientific officer, analytical technologies. In this highly strategic position, Dr. Lindpaintner will look for opportunities to maximize the impact of the company's leading portfolio of analytical technologies by assessing the evolving needs of the global life sciences industry.
"I'm pleased to welcome Klaus to our company," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher. "In these roles, Klaus will help us accelerate our long-term growth by looking for new opportunities to leverage our unique depth of capabilities in analytical technologies, ensuring a homogenous approach to our R&D efforts and raising Thermo Fisher's profile as the innovation leader in our industry."
Dr. Lindpaintner holds Bachelor of Science and Medical Doctorate degrees from the University of Innsbruck in Austria, and a Master of Public Health degree from Harvard University. He served as a Roche Distinguished Scientist and director of the Roche Center for Medical Genomics, as well as global head of molecular medicine policy and external affairs for F. Hoffman-La Roche AG. Most recently, Dr. Lindpaintner was the chief scientific officer and vice president of research and development at Strategic Diagnostics Inc.
His numerous academic appointments include positions at Jiao-Tong University in Shanghai, Stanford University, Harvard University and the University of London. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics.
Dr. Liu, the seventh outside member of the company's Scientific Advisory Board, is an international leader in cancer biology, genomics, human genetics and molecular biology. He is president and chief executive officer of The Jackson Laboratory, an internationally renowned research center dedicated to discovering the genetic basis for preventing, treating and curing human disease.
"Dr. Liu is a pioneer in cancer research, and his unique experience as both clinician and scientist will bring a valuable perspective to our Scientific Advisory Board," Casper said. "We're fortunate to have Dr. Liu as a member of this influential board, which plays an important role in guiding our innovation strategy."
Dr. Liu also founded the Genome Institute of Singapore in 2001, building it into a major research institute of 27 laboratory groups. From 1996 to 2001, he was scientific director of the National Cancer Institute's Division of Clinical Sciences in Bethesda, Md. Dr. Liu earned his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry and psychology, as well as his Medical Doctorate, at Stanford University. He served his internship and residency at Washington University's Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, followed by an oncology fellowship at Stanford.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]