Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/1/08). "Press Release: Extended ETD and MALDI Capabilities for LTQ Orbitrap". Munich.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ Orbitrap™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry technology|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Extends LTQ Orbitrap Mass Spectrometry Performance in Proteomics with ETD and MALDI Capabilities
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today unveiled the European launch of its award-winning Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap ® hybrid series of mass spectrometers, now available with electron transfer dissociation (ETD) and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) capabilities. The LTQ Orbitrap XL ETD is the only ETD instrument with both high resolution and accurate mass, enabling definitive protein characterization during mass spectrometry (MS). The new MALDI LTQ Orbitrap series simplifies the analysis of whole tissue, biological and polymer samples by eliminating sample preparation. The new LTQ Orbitrap will be showcased at the Thermo Scientific booth 105/204, Hall B1 at Analytica 2008, being held in Munich, Germany, from April 1-4.
The ETD technology enables highly sensitive post-translational modification analyses. Combined with the power of the LTQ Orbitrap XL, ETD completes the most advanced proteomics platform available by offering three complementary fragmentation techniques in one instrument. It can be used for definitive protein/peptide characterization, post-translational modification (PTM) analysis (especially phosphorylation) and top-down or middle-down sequencing of proteins and peptides.
"Introduction of ETD on an LTQ Orbitrap is a landmark event in the field of proteomics," said renowned proteomics researcher Steven P. Gygi, PhD. "ETD is what is next for mainstream and cutting-edge proteomics applications. Its usefulness is so broad that I can't imagine a research or core mass spectrometry lab without this new system in the future."
The new MALDI source, available on the LTQ Orbitrap XL and Discovery, is ideally suited for proteomic and metabolism applications. For the first time, resolutions of greater than 50,000 FWHM and mass accuracies of 1-2 ppm are routinely available for MS, MS/MS and even MSn data. Using the high-resolving power and outstanding mass accuracy of the LTQ Orbitrap, researchers can now perform peptide and protein identification of MALDI-produced ions. Other important applications include the high-throughput analysis of in-gel digests of 2D gel spots, de novo sequencing, iTRAQ™ quantitation*, tissue imaging and small molecule analysis.
"The addition of these two key capabilities to the premier Orbitrap technology platform is a significant advancement for the world of proteomics and metabolomics," said Dr. Ian Jardine, vice president of global research and development for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Thermo Fisher is dedicated to developing innovations for its customers that embrace the most sophisticated analytical technologies available for their applications. This is clearly demonstrated with the introduction of the most comprehensive proteomics platform available on the market."
For more information on the new capabilities available on the Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap hybrid mass spectrometer, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth 105/204, Hall B1 at Analytica 2008. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call +49-6103-408-0 or visit www.thermo.com/orbitrap.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]