Document › Details
Thermo Electron Corporation. (10/25/06). "Press Release: Thermo Develops Advanced Protein Identification and Quantification Software". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO)|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||SEQUEST® search engine|
Thermo Electron Corporation, world leader in analytical instrumentation and software, has extended its protein identification and quantitation software package with the newly designed BioWorks™ 3.3. Featuring unique PepQuan capabilities, BioWorks 3.3 enables automated quantitative analysis of iTRAQ™, SILAC™ and ICAT® labeled samples, as well as label-free quantitation techniques. A new probability-based scoring algorithm delivers increased confidence in protein identification. Additionally, a unified Search Results File (SRF) simplifies and accelerates the review and transfer of results by allowing all of the information to be stored in a single file. These powerful capabilities are detailed in a new brochure, which is available free of charge via http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/tsp/35/10009993/.
With new pre-search and post-search filters, BioWorks 3.3 removes unwanted spectra from the search resulting in faster search times, allowing users to focus only on the proteins of interest. Reporting and documenting results is also improved with the new software package. Spectra and tables can be quickly and easily transferred to Microsoft® Office documents, while the new Protein Report feature enables printing of data directly from search results or the creation of PDF files.
BioWorks 3.3 features the SEQUEST® protein search algorithm, which automatically identifies proteins by comparing experimental tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) data with standard protein and DNA databases. It can analyze a single spectrum or an entire LC/MS/MS data set containing spectra from a mixture of proteins. The proprietary "cross-correlation" identification algorithm within SEQUEST extracts information and correctly identifies proteins even at low concentrations. Accurate mass capability is also incorporated in the new BioWorks 3.3 software package to enable SEQUEST searching on data acquired using Thermo's hybrid mass spectrometers.
The new software package can also process datasets acquired using vMALDI™ equipped LTQ XL™ systems Featuring enhanced SEQUEST Queue and Batch Search capabilities, users will also be able to launch searches on Mascot server from Bioworks 3.3 and compare SEQUEST and Mascot search results.
The new Bioworks 3.3 is the latest version of this software enabling protein identification and quantitation. Providing tools for automated analysis of iTRAQ labeled samples, as well as SILAC and metabolic labeling experiments, this software package offers increased confidence in protein identification. For more information on Thermo's new BioWorks 3.3 protein identification and quantitation software package, or to obtain a free demonstration copy of the software, call +1 800-532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/bioworks.
About Thermo Electron Corporation
Thermo Electron Corporation is the world leader in analytical instruments. Our instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. Thermo's Life and Laboratory Sciences segment provides analytical instruments, scientific equipment, services and software solutions for life science, drug discovery, clinical, environmental and industrial laboratories. Thermo's Measurement and Control segment is dedicated to providing analytical instruments used in a variety of manufacturing processes and in-the-field applications, including those associated with safety and homeland security. iTRAQ is a trademark of Applera Corporation. SILAC is a trademark of Invitrogen Corporation. ICAT and SEQUEST are registered trademarks of the University of Washington. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Mascot is a trademark of Matrix Science. All other trademarks are the property of Thermo Electron Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]