Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/3/07). "Press Release: FAIMS Solution for Human Safety in Drug Development. Thermo Fisher Scientific's FAIMS-based LC/MS Analytical Method is Validated by A&M Labor fuer Analytik to Ensure Human Safety in Drug Developme
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that researchers in Germany's A&M Labs have validated a method that uses innovative Thermo Scientific high-Field Asymmetric Waveform Ion Mobility Spectrometry (FAIMS) technology to remove interferences from a drug analysis. Using this method, the researchers can adhere to the guidelines of the FDA to ensure human safety in drug development. Unforeseen analyte interferences can cause validated LC-MS methods to fail, resulting in costly delays in obtaining data from clinical trials. Another impact of co-eluting interferences is data misinterpretation, which could cause dosing errors in human test subjects. The method was presented to the scientific community at the annual LC/MS workshop in Wuppertal, Germany on November 13, 2007.
Dr. Axel Roemer, research leader at A&M, presented the findings. "We were very impressed with how the Thermo Scientific FAIMS system allows us to remove interferences with our drug analysis method," said Dr. Roemer. "Keeping at the forefront of science is important for us to bring new therapies to patients."
The FAIMS interface for the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum™ series of mass spectrometers works in combination with the H-ESI and APCI ion probes at atmospheric pressure to increase selectivity during analysis. FAIMS provides additional ion filtering, resulting in LC-MS/MS chromatograms with reduced chemical background and endogenous interferences.
"We are pleased that Dr. Roemer and his team at A&M Labs could develop a validated LC-MS assay using FAIMS technology with such significance to human health," said Jim Kapron, Strategic Marketing Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
For more about FAIMS technology, please go to www.thermo.com/faims, where a CD featuring animated video about FAIMS can be ordered free of charge.
For more about A&M GmbH, please go to http://am-labor.de/. For more information about Thermo Scientific LC-MS/MS solutions and their wide range of applications, including drug discovery and development, please call +1 800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/ms.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With an annual revenue rate of more than $9 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]