Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/15/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Features High Resolution Accurate Mass LC-MS Workflow at AAPS 2012". Chicago.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Product 2||Q Exactive™ quadrupole-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS|
|Person||Bennett, Patrick (Thermo Fisher 201005 Director Marketing Scientific Instruments)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, is featuring its latest tools for pharmaceutical and biopharma research and routine identification, quantitation and confirmation of small and large molecules at the 2012 AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition.
"We address the entire pharmaceutical value chain, from research and drug discovery through every day QA/QC analysis," said Patrick Bennett, Thermo Fisher Scientific marketing director, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical. "We're particularly excited about the technologies we offer customers as their work increasingly shifts from traditional small molecules to more complex biotherapeutics. These technologies are derived from our industry-leading mass spectrometry-based workflows and extensive proteomic capabilities, but we are now modifying these to focus on the biopharmaceutical characterization and large molecule bioanalytical markets."
At the show, Thermo Fisher will be showcasing many products, including:
> The Thermo Scientific Q Exactive benchtop Orbitrap LC-MS system, which was introduced at the 2011 ASMS meeting. It combines high-performance quadrupole precursor selections with high-resolution accurate mass (HR/AM) Orbitrap detection to enable identification, quantitation and confirmation of compounds in a single run. Since its introduction, the Q Exactive and has had a tremendous impact on the pharmaceutical market because it offers the same sensitivity as the most sensitive triple quadrupole mass spectrometers on the market today, but with HR/AM, full-scan, SIM and MS/MS capabilities.
> The Thermo Scientific Exactive Plus benchtop Orbitrap LC-MS system, which has the same high-resolution accurate mass (HR/AM) Orbitrap detection, but without the quadrupole. This instrument was introduced at the 2012 ASMS meeting. Mass spectrometer method development is minimized, making the Exactive Plus MS well-suited for high-throughput screening applications. With its 6000 m/z upper mass range, it is also extremely capable for routine biologics screening and QC.
> The Dionex UltiMate 3000 Rapid Separation UHPLC system is designed for very fast separations and excellent resolution using columns with small particles.
> Also featured are: the Dionex Corona Ultra RS charged aerosol UHPLC detector, the advanced Dionex ICS-5000 modular ion chromatography system, a variety of HPLC columns, Dionex Chromeleon intelligent chromatography data system and Thermo Scientific MetQuest automated metabolic screening software.
> Addressing formulation research, the Thermo Scientific Pharma 11 is a flexible twin screw extruder for hot melt extrusion and twin screw granulation. In early formulation development, scientists face the challenge that only small amounts of precious active pharmaceutical ingredient is available for experiments. This 11 mm extruder is designed for pharmaceutical applications to minimize material costs. The benchtop Pharma 11 features throughput of 20 g/h to 2.5 kg/h, and converts easily from hot melt extrusion to twin screw granulation operation. Applications include drug delivery systems, implants, tablets and granules.
> The company is also featuring the Thermo Scientific Rheonaut module, a new, compact FTIR module for the Thermo Scientific HAAK MARS rheometer platform. Dynamic rheometry and FTIR spectroscopy can be employed simultaneously to monitor structure development during the reactive processing of a sample, and to detect interactions when used in parallel. This enables users to optimize products by facilitating formulation adaptations.
Thermo Fisher will showcase these products in Thermo Scientific booth 4519 during the 2012 AAPS conference in Chicago, Oct. 14-18.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]