Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/1/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Enhances Workflow for Biomarker Research and Diagnostics. Acquisition of Intrinsic Bioprobes Adds Unique Sample-preparation Consumables for Quantitative Mass Spectrometry".
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has enhanced its workflow for biomarker research and diagnostics by acquiring Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc., a manufacturer of unique immuno-enrichment, sample-preparation tools used in quantitative mass spectrometry. The Intrinsic Bioprobes portfolio enables Thermo Fisher to offer its worldwide life science research and clinical diagnostics customers an enhanced solution for quantitative protein biomarker detection.
The Intrinsic Bioprobes portfolio includes its novel Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA™), featuring a patented sample preparation technique. This technology allows enrichment of low-abundance proteins in biological samples. The specificity of immuno-enrichment, coupled with the sensitivity and quantitative capability of mass spectrometry, is a powerful tool, giving researchers a complete, higher-resolution view of the proteome. Furthermore, the MSIA technology offers clear advantages over conventional ELISA and bead-based immunoassay formats, providing greater sensitivity and higher throughput.
Adding Intrinsic Bioprobes' consumable sample-preparation technologies to Thermo Fisher's automated sample processing and quantitative mass spectrometry instruments and software creates a complete, integrated workflow for the quantitative detection of protein biomarkers.
"The Intrinsic Bioprobes portfolio will enhance Thermo Fisher's position in the rapidly emerging field of clinical proteomics," said Chuck Kummeth, president of Thermo Fisher's, laboratory consumables business. "It is a simple, yet powerful approach to uncovering the proteomic basis of disease, and it better positions us to support our customers in their efforts to realize the promise of personalized medicine."
Intrinsic Bioprobes was founded by in 1996 by Randall W. Nelson, who has served as its president since then. He will continue to be involved with the business as a consultant.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Clare Jones, Alto Marketing
Phone: +44 (0) 1489 557672
Secondary Contact Information:
+1 (508) 742-5254
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]