Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/15/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Proteomics Workflow Solution Provider, Proxeon". Waltham, MA.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||EASY-nLC nanoscale LC system|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Index term||Proxeon–Thermo Fisher: investment, 201004 acquisition|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that it has acquired Proxeon A/S, an innovative supplier of products for proteomics analysis headquartered in Odense, Denmark. The company is recognized for its ability to provide a simplified proteomics workflow, including nanoflow liquid chromatography systems, columns, ion sources, and bioinformatics software, to meet the need for robust high-sensitivity liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) analysis in complex proteomics applications. Proxeon had revenues of approximately $10 million in 2009 and has nearly 40 employees.
Proxeon's nanoflow liquid chromatography system, EASY-nLC, has been adopted by a number of the world's leading proteomic centers for its exceptional simplicity and ease of use. It features an intuitive graphical user interface, touch-screen operation and remote diagnostics capability. The compact system footprint includes a unique autosampler, which allows reproducible low-nanoliter injections into the mass spectrometer, permitting researchers to improve productivity without comprising performance. The system also provides two-dimensional chromatographic capability to identify more proteins than conventional methods, without the increased complexity of added valves and pumps.
"By offering a high-performance solution that addresses the need for simplified operation, we can meet the increasing demand for LC/MS in proteomics applications," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "These systems can be easily integrated with our leading ion trap, hybrid and triple quadrupole mass spectrometry systems, in line with our strategy of providing comprehensive LC/MS solutions for both high-end research and routine applications."
Proxeon will be integrated into Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies Segment. The company does not expect this transaction to have a material impact on its 2010 financial results.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
The following constitutes a "Safe Harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements are set forth in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009, under the caption "Risk Factors," which is on file with the SEC and available in the "Investors" section of the company's Website under the heading "SEC Filings." Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties relating to: competition and its effect on pricing, spending, third-party relationships and revenues; the need to develop new products and adapt to significant technological change; implementation of strategies for improving internal growth; general worldwide economic conditions and related uncertainties; dependence on customers' capital spending policies and government funding policies; the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on international operations; use and protection of intellectual property; the effect of changes in governmental regulations; the effect of laws and regulations governing government contracts; the effect of competing with certain of the company's customers and suppliers; and the effect of healthcare reform legislation. While the company may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, even if its estimates change and, therefore, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as representing the company's views as of any date subsequent to today.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]