Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Adds Proteomics Data Module to Thermo Fisher Cloud Platform". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||Thermo Fisher Cloud proteomics data module|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Mylchreest, Iain (Thermo Fisher 201003 VP Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry)|
|Person 2||Slawinski, Kristen (Chempetitive 201506)|
Complements existing data sets for genomics and qPCR as next step in supporting multi-omics research
The Thermo Fisher Cloud computing platform now supports proteomics data to complement existing data modules for Sanger sequencing and quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR), bringing researchers across proteomic, genomic and metabolomic disciplines closer to using a single platform to store, analyze, share and collaborate on scientific data and discoveries.
The Thermo Fisher Cloud proteomics data module will be showcased this week at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140, and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
“As the volume of scientific data available continues to grow exponentially, it becomes more challenging to manage, analyze and share the data to observe patterns, validate findings and develop insights,” said Iain Mylchreest, vice president, R&D, for chromatography and mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher. “We now are uniquely positioned to facilitate joining and integrating scientific data spanning from genes to RNA to proteins to metabolites in order to view patterns and pathways. Thermo Fisher Cloud is a first step in providing a single access point for our customers to analyze and interpret -omics experiments across institutions and geographies.”
The new module, based on Thermo Scientific ProteinCenter software, confirms proteins in a sample that are statistically overrepresented and visualizes pathways of interest for potential follow-up experiments using genomic, RNA or metabolomic tools. With this information available, researchers can share results with partner labs and collaborators to produce annotations for identified proteins, including Gene Ontology (GO) and pathway mapping. The Thermo Scientific ProteinCenter software is a consolidated, biologically annotated protein database that enables filtering, clustering and statistical bioinformatics analysis from single, combined or comparison data sets. It enables scientists to derive meaningful biological information from proteomics data sets in minutes instead of months.
The Thermo Fisher Cloud is a powerful computing platform that connects scientists, instruments, and software in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment, anywhere and anytime. Running on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, the platform allows researchers to securely learn, analyze, share, collaborate, and store data and discoveries across their research teams and collaborators.
Scientists can obtain a free Thermo Fisher Cloud account with 10 GB of data storage and upload proteome analysis results. More information on Thermo Fisher Cloud can be found here.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, +1 508-902-7041
Kristen Slawinski, + 1 312-997-2436
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]