Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba
|Country||United Arab Emirates (UAE)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Amerispec Diagnostics (AE)|
|Product||liquid chromatography technology (LC technology)|
|Product 2||clinical mass spectrometry-based test|
|Index term||Thermo Fisher–Americspec Diagnostics: mass spectrometry, 201702 existent collab research localising MS methods|
|Person||Thomas, Lisa (Thermo Fisher 201702 Senior Director Clinical + Forensic Markets Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry)|
|Person 2||Ismail, Yasser (Amerispec Diagnostics 201702 President + Founder)|
Attendees at MedLab 2017 this week will have the opportunity to see a powerful fully-integrated liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) workflow designed to offer accurate and consistent analysis of the most challenging and complex sample matrices for clinical researchers. MedLab will be held at the Dubai International Conventional Centre, Dubai from February 6-9, Thermo Fisher booth (#Z6.D40).
This workflow is part of a research collaboration with Amerispec Diagnostics, a Dubai-based reference laboratory focused on offering cutting-edge technologies based on mass spectrometry to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Middle East.
The LC-MS workflow is designed to provide a comprehensive solution for clinical research laboratories evaluating how to improve separation, low-limit detection and quantification of molecules in biological matrices such as steroids, vitamin D and its metabolites, immunosuppressants, anti-epileptics and amino acids. In addition, the workflow is designed to facilitate drug monitoring research of prescribed and illicit drugs, while addressing the analytical needs of clinical translational researchers working on transitioning new protein biomarkers toward clinical laboratories.
“We understand the need for established processes designed to offer robust, sensitive and reliable research methods that can lead to high-quality, reproducible data,” said Lisa Thomas, senior director, clinical and forensic markets, chromatography and mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher. “The collaboration with Amerispec will enhance our customers’ capabilities in these regions – ultimately accelerating their research and enabling them to make meaningful clinical discoveries.”
“We aim to provide scientists and academic research institutions in the UAE and the region access to novel technologies, which will lead to further advancements in clinical research,” said Yasser Ismail, founder and president of Amerispec Diagnostics. “We will be improving patient outcomes by localizing critical assays that are currently sent to the US and Europe – resulting in a drastic reduction in time to result. With adjacency to many prominent global scientific organizations, and the support of the Dubai Creative Cluster Authorities and the Dubai Science Park, we are able to further support our mission.”
Comprised of hardware, software, training application and service support, the new workflow aims to standardize the future analysis of samples and better leverage the strengths of modern, high-throughput systems. Utilizing the sensitivity and speed of a system such as the Thermo Scientific Endura mass spectrometer combined with a multichannel UHPLC system incorporating online sample preparation with turboflow technology for cost-effective sample analysis such as the Thermo Scientific Prelude SPLC, together with advanced software, enables clinical research scientists to obtain the quantitative accuracy of LC-MS with confidence.
For more information on the new workflow, please visit http://www.thermofisher.com/clinicialresearchsolutions.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2017-04-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]