Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/15). "Press Release: New Handheld Analyzer Combines FTIR and Raman Technologies for Military, Explosives and Hazmat Responders". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Person||Fitzpatrick, Maura (Thermo Fisher 201503 Senior Director Portable Analytical Instruments)|
|Person 2||Lowe, Brian (Greenough 201503)|
Thermo Scientific Gemini analyzer is first handheld instrument to integrate two leading chemical ID technologies into a single portable device
Military personnel, bomb technicians, hazmat teams and first responders tasked with identifying unknown chemicals and explosives in the field can now employ a new, innovative portable analyzer combining both FTIR and Raman spectroscopy in a single handheld instrument for a faster, more confident response.
The Thermo Scientific Gemini analyzer, featured at Pittcon 2015 (booth 2523) at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, is the first to integrate these complementary and confirmatory chemical identification techniques in a rugged, handheld instrument. Building upon the industry-leading Thermo Scientific TruDefender (FTIR) and FirstDefender (Raman) product lines, the Gemini analyzer requires minimal training and is easy to use. Gemini’s lightweight design makes it ideal for chemical response personnel, explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) technicians and other responders burdened with heavy equipment for lengthy missions.
“Ten years ago, this level of analytical rigor and specificity was only possible inside a lab – with instruments that were far from portable,” said Maura Fitzpatrick, senior director, portable analytical instruments, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Today, we’re redefining portable instrumentation with a two-in-one analyzer that is small enough for field use, giving military and first response personnel a tremendous tactical advantage – helping them minimize time on target and confidently make life-saving decisions.”
The Gemini analyzer includes an extensive library that enables operators to identify unknown solids and liquids, from explosives and chemical warfare agents to industrial chemicals and precursors. By leveraging both Raman and FTIR analysis, the Gemini analyzer takes advantage of the strengths of each technology to address a broader range of samples than either technique could alone. For substances identifiable by both Raman and FTIR, the Gemini analyzer provides comprehensive analysis, delivering more actionable information to the operator. Switching between analysis techniques is fast and easy using the tactical keypad or touchscreen.
The Thermo Scientific Gemini analyzer also offers:
> An intuitive interface, including customizable profiles and Scan Assist, to guide the operator through technology selection and sampling;
> A motorized anvil that adjusts sample pressure based on user settings and enables Scan Delay for FTIR analysis;
> Built-in safety features designed to increase protection from potentially hazardous substances; and
> 24/7 reachback support, with Ph.D.spectroscopists available for spectral analysis and operational inquiries.
Please visit Pittcon booth 2523 or www.thermoscientific.com/gemini for more information.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Boston, Mass., USA
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]