Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Life Sciences Leadership with New Instruments Launched at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||908 Devices Inc.|
|Product||Q Exactive™ BioPharma MS/MS Hybrid Quadropole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||ASMS 2016 San Antonio|
|Index term||Harvard Univ–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201606 supply existent Orbitrap Tribrid MS system with MS3 technology at Harvard Medical School|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
ASMS 2016 – Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, strengthened its industry-leading analytical instruments platform with innovative systems designed to help pharmaceutical and biologics producers more efficiently discover and develop candidate drugs. These new products will be on display at the 64th Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference, June 5-9 in Texas Ballroom D at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.
“The success of our innovation strategy is based on continuous collaboration with our customers,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and we are committed to providing them with the most advanced analytical technologies to help them facilitate research and accelerate discovery. This year’s ASMS showing is another great example of how we continue to leverage our technology leadership to raise the performance bar and help our customers achieve their goals.”
The new Thermo Scientific Q Exactive BioPharma MS/MS Hybrid Quadropole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer takes full advantage of the high-resolution, accurate-mass (HRAM) capabilities of the Orbitrap mass analyzer to enable key workflows for protein characterization in a single instrument. Combined with recommended sample preparation and analysis methods using Thermo Scientific reagents, columns, UHPLC and data processing technologies, the Q Exactive BioPharma system provides a comprehensive solution for customers performing biopharmaceutical characterization.
At ASMS, Thermo Fisher will also feature its new Thermo Scientific Vanquish Flex Binary UHPLC system, an ideal complement for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical laboratories performing qualitative and quantitative LC or LC-MS analysis. Built for high-speed and fast gradient applications, the Vanquish platform delivers outstanding reproducibility.
As part of its focus on innovation, Thermo Fisher will feature new technology from 908 Devices, a pioneer in purpose-built analytical devices for chemical analysis. Customers using Thermo Fisher’s mass spectrometers can now incorporate 908 Devices’ breakthrough ZipChip microfluidics separation technology to deliver fast, high-quality separations that transform analysis of biomolecules.
Thermo Fisher will also showcase high-profile collaborations through presentations and posters by notable scientists doing breakthrough work with its mass spectrometry technologies.
> Dr. Willi Haas, assistant professor at Harvard Medical School, will present the Advances in Accurate, High-Throughput Quantitative Proteomics Breakfast Workshop . His approach combines Orbitrap HRAM MS and synchronous precursor selection (SPS)-based MS3 technology on the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Tribrid MS system to accurately measure the smallest changes in low-abundance proteins.
> Dr. Fan Liu from the Albert Heck Lab, Utrecht University, Netherlands, will present the Improved Workflows for Structural Proteomics Breakfast Workshop . Dr. Liu’s lab is using Orbitrap technology for proteome-wide cross-linking mass spectrometry to chart the cellular interactome, the whole set of molecular interactions in a single cell.
> Dr. Jennifer Abelin from the Eli and Edythe L. Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard will present High-throughput Profiling of HLA Allele-specific Peptides by MS for Improved Epitope Predictions at the Thermo Fisher Annual User Meeting. She will discuss her use of LC-MS/MS techniques to improve the understanding of antigen processing to identify peptides in diseases including cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and infectious diseases.
> Dr. Akhilesh Pandey, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, will present Getting Ready for Clinical Proteomics at the Thermo Fisher Annual User Meeting . Dr. Pandey will discuss the emerging use of proteomics in a clinical setting. Dr. Pandey is best known for his groundbreaking research in the mapping of the human proteome http://www.humanproteomemap.org.
Finally, Thermo Fisher will recognize the winners of the 2016 Thermo Scientific Tandem Mass Tag (TMT) Research Awards, an international research grant for scientists and their work in proteomics.
Thermo Fisher will be exhibiting in Booth 319 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and in Texas Ballroom D at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Antonio. For more information please visit http://www.thermofisher.com/asms.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Ron O’Brien, 781-622-1242
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]