Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/12/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Webinar Addresses Future Trace Elemental Analyis Requirements Using AA, ICP and ICP-MS". Cambridge.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Wiley (Group)|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that its educational webinar, entitled "Preparing for Future Trends in Elemental Food Safety Analysis," is now available to view on-demand at www.spectroscopynow.com/thermowebinars. The informative presentation discusses the capabilities of atomic absorption (AA) spectrometry, inductively coupled plasma (ICP) spectrometry and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) in addressing emerging elemental analysis requirements of the food and beverage industries.
Hosted by Andrew Clavering, ICP applications specialist, and Hazel Dickson, AA applications chemist, from Thermo Fisher Scientific, the comprehensive webinar provides a thorough overview of the increasing importance of food safety, current global legislations and the subsequent need for accurate and reliable trace elemental analysis of foodstuffs. The Thermo Fisher scientists discuss the key benefits and applications of AA, ICP and ICP-MS, providing an objective comparison of the relative suitability of each for addressing different food safety challenges. The webinar investigates emerging and future trends in the food safety industry and how trace elemental analysis laboratories can meet these new requirements efficiently and cost-effectively.
Some elements are an essential part of a healthy diet, but others, such as lead, mercury and cadmium, offer no nutritional benefits to humans and are actually toxic. Because food is the primary conduit for elements to enter humans, regulators are becoming stricter and requiring manufacturers to monitor levels of hazardous elements in foodstuffs. In addition, food manufacturers and suppliers are now legally required to label food with ingredients and nutritional information. All this is driving industry-wide demand for fast, sensitive, reliable and cost-effective testing methods for high-throughput trace elemental analysis of food.
Hazel Dickson comments: "The need for accurate, dependable information about exactly what is in the foods we eat has never been higher. Not only is existing legislation updated regularly, imposing ever more stringent requirements, but also new regulations, covering more elements, is expected. This, in turn, means laboratory throughput will increase as well."
Lower maximum permissible residue levels will put pressure on manufacturers to improve testing sensitivity and lower detection limits. Toxicity and bioavailability of trace elemental species will also drive the need for speciation analysis in food. The webinar provides food safety professionals with valuable information about how AA, ICP and ICP-MS can help them meet the emerging requirements outlined above.
Thermo Scientific iCE 3000 Series AA spectrometers are compact and easy to use, featuring a unique integrated furnace vision system and extensive auto optimization procedures. The iCAP 6000 Series is a range of high performance ICP emission spectrometers which enables high sample throughput, application flexibility and low cost of ownership. The XSERIES ICP-MS allows analysts to embrace all elements offering unmatched selectivity and unambiguous results. The ELEMENT2 ICP-MS facilitates interference-free multi-elemental determinations in complex sample matrices as well as precise isotope and elemental ratio measurements at low concentrations. Finally, the ELEMENT XR high resolution ICP-MS with extended dynamic range up to 12 orders of magnitude offers simultaneous quantitation of matrix elements, traces and ultra-traces.
For more information about Thermo Scientific trace elemental analyzers for the food and beverage industry, please call +1 800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/trace
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
For further press information please contact: Celine Callender, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire CW4 8AA, United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539 539 Fax: +44 1477 539 540 E-mail: email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]