Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Hewlett-Packard Company (HP)|
|Group||Hewlett-Packard (HP) (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Manzi, Jim (Stonegate Capital 200705 before CEO of Lotus Development Corp)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced it has elected Dion Weisler to its board of directors, effective today. Mr. Weisler’s appointment brings the total number of Thermo Fisher board members to 12.
Mr. Weisler has been president and chief executive officer of HP Inc. since November 2015, following the separation of Hewlett-Packard into two independent companies. He also serves on the HP board of directors. Prior to that, Mr. Weisler was executive vice president of Hewlett-Packard’s Printing and Personal Systems Business for four years.
During his more than 25 years of experience in the information technology industry, Mr. Weisler has led businesses in at least eight international markets. Before joining HP, he was with Lenovo as vice president and chief operating officer of its Product and Mobile Internet Digital Home groups, and led the company’s Global Transaction Model worldwide. Previously, Mr. Weisler served as general manager of Lenovo’s operations in Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Earlier in his career, he was general manager at Telstra Corporation, Australia’s leading telecommunications company, and also had an 11-year career at Acer Inc., where he became managing director of the company’s operations in the United Kingdom after establishing and leading the company’s businesses in Central and Eastern Europe. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science - Computing from Monash University in Australia.
“We are delighted to welcome Dion to our board,” said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “He brings many years of experience in international business and digital technology strategies. Given his background and global perspective, Dion will add valuable insights as we focus more and more on leveraging new digital capabilities to create a differentiated experience for our customers.”
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O’Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2017-03-08
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]