Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/14/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Bank of America (BofA) (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Chai, Nelson J. (CIT Group before Bank of America before Merrill Lynch)|
|Person 2||Manzi, Jim (Stonegate Capital 200705 before CEO of Lotus Development Corp)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that Nelson J. Chai has been elected to its board of directors, bringing the company's total number of directors to 11. Mr. Chai has also been appointed to the board's Audit Committee.
Mr. Chai is the executive vice president, chief administrative officer and head of strategy for CIT Group, a bank holding company that provides lending, advisory and leasing services to small and mid-sized companies and operates in over 50 countries. Previously, he served as president, Asia-Pacific for Bank of America Corporation and executive vice president and chief financial officer of Merrill Lynch & Co.
Mr. Chai also served in senior positions at Allied Signal and Philip Morris before joining medical diagnostics provider Dade-Behring in 1997. He entered the financial services field in 2000 when he joined Archipelago Holdings, the first all-electronic stock exchange in the United States. When the firm was acquired by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 2006, Mr. Chai became the chief financial officer of NYSE Euronext.
"Nelson has an impressive background in multiple industries, including life sciences, chemical, consumer products and financial services," said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "He will bring a unique perspective to his service on our board and I look forward to working with him."
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]