Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/2/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Next-generation Immunoaffinity Sample Preparation Solution for Downstream Mass Spectrometry". Milford, MA.
Robust Automated Technology Simplifies Enrichment of Target Proteins with Increased Sensitivity and Reproducibility
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced its Thermo Scientific Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA) pipette tips, a collection of immunoaffinity sample preparation products. Robust MSIA™ technology delivers a simplified way to enrich target proteins for downstream mass spectrometric analysis.
"Our new MSIA pipette tips provide scientists with an easier immunoaffinity approach that yields better and more reproducible quantification results," said Clive Wingar, business director, affinity & automation consumables, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "From sample preparation and quantification to data analysis, top-down mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomic workflow is simplified with the automated MSIA immunoaffinity technology, and it is further enhanced when using the highly sensitive Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage Triple Stage Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer."
MSIA tips feature a 300 µl pipette tip embedded with a proprietary, highly porous immunoaffinity column that provides increased sensitivity with improved reproducibility and sample throughput. Benefits include:
> Enhanced antibody/antigen-binding kinetics that allow enrichment down to very low levels (femtomoles) for downstream mass spectrometric protein/peptide quantification;
> Improved signal-to-noise ratios due to increased specificity and target recovery as compared to conventional bead-based methods;
> Fast and flexible sample throughput with manual multichannel or fully automated 96-well processing in less than 30 minutes;
> Customizable assay that meets different biomarker research needs.
The new MSIA D.A.R.T.'S® (Disposable Automation Research Tips) are compatible with the Thermo Scientific Versette Automated Liquid Handler providing immuno-enrichment processing in 96-well format. In addition, the new Thermo Scientific Finnpipette Novus i 8 and 12-channel Electronic Pipettes (for immuno-precipitation) and Adjustable Pipette Stand are specifically designed to work with MSIA protocols where high sample throughput is not required.
For more information, please visit: www.thermoscientific.com/msia.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Niki Franklin, 617-624-3223
Secondary Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, 508-482-7013
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]