Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/2/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Next-generation Immunoaffinity Sample Preparation Solution for Downstream Mass Spectrometry". Milford, MA.
Robust Automated Technology Simplifies Enrichment of Target Proteins with Increased Sensitivity and Reproducibility
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced its Thermo Scientific Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA) pipette tips, a collection of immunoaffinity sample preparation products. Robust MSIA™ technology delivers a simplified way to enrich target proteins for downstream mass spectrometric analysis.
"Our new MSIA pipette tips provide scientists with an easier immunoaffinity approach that yields better and more reproducible quantification results," said Clive Wingar, business director, affinity & automation consumables, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "From sample preparation and quantification to data analysis, top-down mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomic workflow is simplified with the automated MSIA immunoaffinity technology, and it is further enhanced when using the highly sensitive Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage Triple Stage Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer."
MSIA tips feature a 300 µl pipette tip embedded with a proprietary, highly porous immunoaffinity column that provides increased sensitivity with improved reproducibility and sample throughput. Benefits include:
> Enhanced antibody/antigen-binding kinetics that allow enrichment down to very low levels (femtomoles) for downstream mass spectrometric protein/peptide quantification;
> Improved signal-to-noise ratios due to increased specificity and target recovery as compared to conventional bead-based methods;
> Fast and flexible sample throughput with manual multichannel or fully automated 96-well processing in less than 30 minutes;
> Customizable assay that meets different biomarker research needs.
The new MSIA D.A.R.T.'S® (Disposable Automation Research Tips) are compatible with the Thermo Scientific Versette Automated Liquid Handler providing immuno-enrichment processing in 96-well format. In addition, the new Thermo Scientific Finnpipette Novus i 8 and 12-channel Electronic Pipettes (for immuno-precipitation) and Adjustable Pipette Stand are specifically designed to work with MSIA protocols where high sample throughput is not required.
For more information, please visit: www.thermoscientific.com/msia.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Niki Franklin, 617-624-3223
Secondary Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, 508-482-7013
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]