Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/22/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New Solution for Clinical Research and Forensic Toxicology Screening at AACC 2009". Chicago, IL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)|
|Product||mass spectrometry solution/method|
|Product 2||Exactive™ LC/MS system|
|Person||Kubina, Stephanie (Thermo Fisher 201003)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the introduction of a drug screening and confirmation solution for forensic toxicology based on its Thermo Scientific Exactive benchtop LC/MS (liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry) platform.
The solution incorporates the ultrahigh resolution LC/MS capabilities of the company's proprietary Orbitrap technology. Expected to become an industry standard for ease of use and performance in routine labs, this new Thermo Scientific solution will be showcased at booth 2815 at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) 2009 exhibition, being held in Chicago from July 21 - 23.
The new system expands the current clinical research portfolio of Thermo Fisher's triple-stage quadrupole and ion trap LC/MS solutions, which includes quantitative methodologies for analyzing vitamin D, immunosuppressants, testosterone, opiates, benzodiazepines, THC, peptides and other endogenous compounds.
This new solution delivers a strong return on investment by dramatically improving ease of use and increasing sample throughput, all while providing high-confidence results. It includes the Thermo Scientific Transcend TLX UHPLC-based multiplexing system with patented TurboFlow technology for online sample extraction, and integrates Thermo Scientific ToxID software and reagents.
"What distinguishes this Thermo Scientific solution from competing products is the exceptionally high performance and ease of use at an affordable price," said Jeff Zonderman, director, Thermo Fisher Scientific life science mass spectrometry clinical and toxicology markets. "We have taken high-end technology previously used only in research and created a solution for the novice."
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific workflow solution options for workplace drug testing and forensic toxicology screening, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth 2815 at AACC 2009, or visit www.thermo.com/clinicallycurrent.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at AACC 2009, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/aacc09.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NTSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we employee approximately 34,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
For further press information please contact: Laura Browne, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AA, United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539539 Fax: +44 1477 539540 E-mail:
Author: Kath Darlington
Phone: 01477 539539
Media Contact Information:
Name: Laura Browne/Charlotte Culley
Phone: +44 1477 539539
Secondary Contact Information:
+1 (408) 965-6022
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]