Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/18/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Releases Block Management System for Pathologists". Kalamazoo, MI.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Syntri Arcos Block Management system|
Thermo Scientific Syntri Arcos System offers user friendly software for block archiving and management.
Anatomical Pathology professionals can improve patient sample safety and reduce the potential of lost blocks with the Thermo Scientific Syntri Arcos block archiving system. Whether the patient sample is sent out for a second opinion or pulled out of archiving for additional testing, the Syntri Arcos is able to keep an accurate record of where the block is and each time the block is relocated.
With the Arcos system, blocks are simply placed in trays after sectioning. The system automatically reads the bar codes on the blocks and records where each tray is stored, without the need to manually sort the blocks into numerical sequence. This allows laboratories to quickly and accurately track their patient tissue samples, and gives managers the ability to reallocate resources to improve productivity. By lowering the potential of human error when filing and retrieving blocks, the Syntri Arcos reduces the stress of searching for a missing block. When a block is needed for additional testing or to send out for collaboration, the simple and intuitive software makes block retrieval and replacement a seamless process.
The compact design of the Syntri Arcos system fits neatly into the workflow of any size laboratory. By removing the need to sort blocks, laboratories can free up valuable bench space and technician time.
“The growth of personalized medicine, with next-generation sequencing and other new tests will mean more tissue blocks have to be found, retrieved, and replaced” said Andreas Kaepplein, Director of Marketing for Thermo Fisher Scientific Anatomical Pathology Division. “With current methods these steps are prone to block loss, and use large amounts of labor. The Thermo Scientific Syntri Arcos system overcomes both issues. It adds to the Thermo Scientific drive to help customers improve their workflow, reduce costs, and improve error rates.”
The reporting and tracking functions of the Syntri Acros, allows managers to track productivity and volume diversity of their cases. By tracking productivity, managers can further improve workflow efficiencies and the use of valuable resources.
The Syntri Arcos system is the third product in the Syntri range of products that enhance the workflow and patient safety of anatomic pathology laboratories. This includes the PrintMate AS cassette printer and SlideMate AS slide printing system.
More information on the Syntri Arcos Block Management system can be found at: https://www.thermofisher.com/order/catalog/product/B84700001
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Peter Kilner, 269-544-7460
Record changed: 2016-09-18
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]