Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/9/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New State-of-the Art Clinical Services Facility in South Korea". Seoul.
|Country||Korea, Republic of|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Clinical Services Facility, Seoul|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Clinical Services Facility, Singapore|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||clinical research services|
|Person||Acciarito, Tony (Thermo Fisher 201609 VP + General Manager Thermo Fisher South Korea)|
|Person 2||Wyszkowski, Leon (Thermo Fisher 201511 VP Clinical Services for North America + Facility Network)|
To address the growing global demand for clinical services, Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, today announced the official opening of its new state-of-the-art GMP1 standard facility in South Korea. Strategically located in Seoul, the new site will provide local, regional and global pharmaceutical and biotech companies with a one-stop service for clinical supplies - from cGMP storage, local labelling, secondary packaging, comparator sourcing, handling and distribution of ambient and cold chain supplies to clinical site returns management.
A supportive government, modern infrastructure and an easily accessible patient population are helping this Asian nation become a top location for clinical trial research. Over the past few years, clinical trials have consistently grown in South Korea, and with an increased number of core clinical trial sites certified by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS), formerly known as the KFDA, South Korea boasts the second highest number of approved clinical trial sites globally, making it a leading emerging nation for clinical trial research in Asia. In addition, South Korean R&D pharmaceutical companies have demonstrated a strong passion for innovative drug development resulting in a robust industry contributing to therapeutic healthcare developments at local and global levels.
“Thermo Fisher Scientific was established in South Korea in 1994, and over the past 22 years our goal has been to invest in local infrastructure and presence to better support the market specific needs of our customers,” said Tony Acciarito, vice president and general manager of Thermo Fisher South Korea. “Now, with over 430 employees across the organization, the new facility represents another step towards this goal which is aligned to our company Mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.”
“Asia Pacific continues to be our fastest-growing market and a central contributor to our growth,” said Leon Wyszkowski, Thermo Fisher’s vice president of clinical services for North America and facility network. “In September 2015 we opened a new facility in Singapore to serve as a central hub for our Asia Pacific region, which compliments our clinical services facilities in Beijing and Suzhou, China; Tokyo, Japan and Ahmedabad, India. The opening of this new facility in South Korea is testament to our commitment to continue investing in the region as we build on the expertise of our local teams to strengthen our regional and global presence in the clinical supplies industry.”
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
1 GMP refers to Good Manufacturing Practices – a requirement for all pharmaceutical facilities
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, +1 508-902-7041
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]