Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Massachusetts (govt region)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Product 2||reagents (bio/biochemical)|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today officially opened its new global headquarters at 168 Third Avenue in Waltham, Mass. The company designed and constructed the new 286,000-square-foot facility in accordance with green building rating systems, making it eligible for LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) silver certification. The building is currently occupied by 330 professionals.
“Today’s celebration of the new Thermo Fisher Scientific headquarters is a credit to the founders and the current management team who have created a leading technology and life sciences company over the course of the last 60 years,” said Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker. “From its humble beginnings, the company has grown into the largest provider of scientific instruments, equipment, software and consumables in the world. Thermo Fisher is a local economic powerhouse providing high-quality jobs and careers.”
Thermo Fisher’s new headquarters reflect the company’s commitment to scientific excellence and employee involvement. Work spaces and common areas encourage open communication, and state-of-the-art technology connects the company’s global hub to centers of excellence around the world for real-time collaboration serving scientific and healthcare communities.
“We have a long history of calling Massachusetts home and we take pride in our mission, which is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “As the company has grown and evolved, we have remained focused on anticipating the needs of our customers and delivering solutions to help them meet their goals.”
This year also marks the 10-year anniversary of the merger between Thermo Electron and Fisher Scientific that created Thermo Fisher Scientific. Over the last decade, the company has achieved many significant milestones including:
> Doubling its annual revenue from $9 billion to more than $17 billion
> Growing its global employee base from 30,000 to more than 50,000
> Increasing its R&D expenditure from $280 million to approximately $700 million
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-10-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]