Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/13/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and West China Hospital Partner on Joint Research Platform for Precision Medicine". Waltham, MA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced a partnership with West China Hospital of Sichuan University, one of the largest single-site hospitals in the world, to develop a joint platform to research precision medicine. The partners shared the news during the seventh round of the China-U.S. High-Level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange (CPE) held in Beijing on June 6-7.
"Our company mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer – is perfectly aligned with the priorities in China's 5-year plan," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher. "We share a commitment to advancing precision medicine, and we're excited about strengthening our collaboration with West China Hospital to provide technologies and expertise that will ultimately improve patient care."
“We are exploring opportunities to collaborate with renowned, industry-leading international companies to harness and capitalize on our strength in pathology,” said Li Weimin, president of West China Hospital. “With our partners at Thermo Fisher, we are working to enhance the quality of pathological research and clinical diagnosis. We are also exploring an opportunity to extend our partnership in Western China by accelerating the development of precise pathological diagnoses that will ultimately help improve people’s lives.”
Richard Stengel, U.S. undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, said, “In recent years, we have witnessed several achievements resulting from public and private partnerships between the U.S. and China – all of which aim to improve the well-being of people in both countries. The collaboration between Thermo Fisher and West China Hospital is a perfect example of America’s efforts to strengthen ties with China in science, technology and health. The agreement reinforces the spirit and goals of the CPE.”
The two parties have agreed to collaborate closely to make West China Hospital a leading global molecular diagnosis center. The joint efforts include construction of training bases for standardized pathology quality-control and standardized pathologic diagnosticians and the development of advanced laboratories with efficient, safe and integrated business procedures.
About West China Hospital of Sichuan University
West China School of Medicine/West China Hospital of Sichuan University (WCSM/WCH) is a prestigious medical center located on the banks of the Jinjiang River in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province and one of China’s most famous historical and cultural cities. WCH is one of the largest single-site hospitals in the world and a leading medical center of West China, treating complicated and severe cases, especially in the fields of living donor liver transplantation, severe acute pancreatitis, and clinical anesthesia. WCH aims to become the national center for medical scientific research and technology innovation. It has one State Laboratory, two ministry-level key laboratories, one Cooperative Research Centre online system under the Ministry of Education, and 26 open laboratories. Since 2009, the hospital has been ranked second on the China Best Hospital List on three occasions. In 2011, it was ranked 3rd in the Most Popular 3A Hospital List and 2nd in the Top 50 Chinese public general hospitals by measure of its social contribution. In 2007 and 2008, WCH won Golden Awards for hospital management from the industry body Hospital Management Asia.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O’Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-07-01
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]