Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Euro-Denominated Senior Notes". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||FEI Company (Nasdaq: FEIC)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Index term 2||FEI–Thermo Fisher: investment, 201605–201609 acquisition $4.2b in cash for $107.5/share|
|Person||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
|Person 2||Apicerno, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201003 Investor Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) announced today that it has priced an offering of €1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.750% senior notes due 2024 and €600 million aggregate principal amount of its 1.375% senior notes due 2028 at the issue prices of 99.122% of the principal amount and 99.748% of the principal amount, respectively.
The issuance of the notes is expected to close on or about September 12, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions. The notes will pay interest on an annual basis.
Thermo Fisher intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to finance a portion of the estimated $4.2 billion purchase price for its acquisition of FEI Company and to pay certain associated costs. The FEI acquisition is expected to close by December 31, 2016, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory approvals.
The joint book-running managers for the offering are J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Barclays Bank PLC, Mizuho International plc and Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc.
The offering is being made pursuant to an effective registration statement on Form S-3, as amended by the post-effective amendment thereto (including a prospectus), filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). Prospective investors should read the prospectus forming a part of that registration statement and the prospectus supplement related to the offering and the other documents that the company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the company and this offering. These documents are available at no charge by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, Thermo Fisher, the underwriters or any dealer participating in this offering will arrange to send you the prospectus if you request it by calling J.P. Morgan Securities plc collect at +44 207-134-2468; by calling Barclays Bank PLC toll-free at 1-888-603-5847; by calling Mizuho International plc toll-free at +44 207-090-6929; or by calling Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc toll-free at 1-866-718-1649.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the notes, nor shall there be any offer, solicitation or sale of the notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements about the company’s intended use of proceeds. These statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from currently anticipated results, including risks and uncertainties relating to capital markets conditions and completion of the offering. Additional important factors and information regarding Thermo Fisher’s business that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements are set forth in the prospectus and prospectus supplement dated September 7, 2016 related to the offering, which is on file with the SEC and available in the “Investors” section of our website under the heading “SEC Filings,” and the documents incorporated by reference into the prospectus and prospectus supplement. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, even if circumstances change and, therefore, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as representing our views as of any date subsequent to today.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O’Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]