Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/9/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
|Person 2||Apicerno, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201003 Investor Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that it has priced its previously announced offering of senior notes:
> $1 billion aggregate principal amount of 2.250% senior notes due 2016 at an issue price of 99.826% of the principal amount, and
> $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of 3.600% senior notes due 2021 at an issue price of 99.809% of the principal amount.
The issuance of the notes is expected to close on August 16, 2011. The notes will pay interest on a semi-annual basis.
The company plans to use the proceeds of the offering to fund, in part, the company's acquisition of Phadia. The aggregate purchase price of this transaction is estimated to be EUR 2.47 billion (approximately $3.5 billion). The Phadia acquisition was announced by the company on May 19, 2011.
The joint book-running managers for the offering are Barclays Capital Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., RBS Securities Inc., and Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Thermo Fisher has filed a registration statement on Form S-3 (including a prospectus) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") for this offering. Prospective investors should read the prospectus forming a part of that registration statement and the prospectus supplement related to the offering and the other documents that the company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the company and this offering. These documents are available at no charge by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, these documents will be made available upon request by the company or by any active joint book-running manager for the offering. Interested parties may obtain a prospectus or the related preliminary prospectus supplement from Barclays Capital Inc. by directing a request to Barclays Capital Inc., c/o Broadridge Integrated Prospectus Distribution, 1155 Long Island Avenue, New York, NY 11717, or by calling 1-888-603-5847; from Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated by directing a request to 1-800-294-1322 or from J.P. Morgan Securities LLC by directing a request to J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10179, Attn: High Grade Syndicate Desk - 3rd Floor or by calling 212-834-4533.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the notes, nor shall there be any offer, solicitation or sale of the notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]