Document › Details
BRAHMS AG. (9/3/09). "Press Release: B.R.A.H.M.S and Thermo Fisher Scientific Join Forces to Create a Leader in Specialty Diagnostics [incl. Download of attached PDF version of Press Release and Presentation]".
|Organisation||BRAHMS Holding GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Index term||BRAHMS–Thermo Fisher: investment, 200909–200910 acquisition €330m incl debt + other liabilities|
|Index term 2||BRAHMS–HBM: investment, 200909 EXIT DIVESTMENT sale of all shares from HBM BioVentures to Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc|
|Person||Dekkers, Marijn E. (Bayer 201001–201612 CEO before Thermo Fisher CEO TO LEAVE Bayer 12/16)|
B·R·A·H·M·S announces the signature of a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) for 100% of the share capital of B·R·A·H·M·S Holding GmbH in the amount of EUR 330 million (approx. USD 470 million) including debt and other liabilities. The transaction, which is subject to applicable regulatory approvals, is expected to be closed in late September.
B·R·A·H·M·S will become part of Thermo Fischer Scientific's Specialty Diagnostics business, an approximately USD $1.3 billion business within Thermo Fischer Scientific's Analytical Technologies segment. B·R·A·H·M·S will form the core of Thermo Fischer Scientific's future European Center of Excellence for its clinical diagnostics businesses.
The Center, located at B·R·A·H·M·S' current site in Hennigsdorf, Brandenburg, in the vicinity of Berlin, will leverage both companies' strengths and expertise in this field.
Thermo Fischer Scientific has a proven track-record in integrating companies while safeguarding their entrepreneurial culture. This is reflected in its commitment to build on B·R·A·H·M·S' excellent foundation in biomarkers, clinical development and operations.
As a result, the combination offers attractive opportunities for employees. Senior B·R·A·H·M·S staff members have committed to continue building and expanding the business and assure smooth business transition.
For additional information about this transaction, please refer to the media release available on this page.
[ http://www.brahms.de/Default.aspx?tabindex=3&tabid=76&Page=1&newsID=82 ]
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]