Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||United States (govt)|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, has joined the Cancer Moonshot, an initiative led by Vice President Joe Biden aimed at making more therapies available to more patients while also improving cancer detection at early stages and, ultimately, preventing the disease. Initially, Thermo Fisher will join a liquid biopsy-based precision oncology pilot, called the Blood Profiling Atlas designed to make it easier for oncologists to access databases of liquid biopsy information when diagnosing patients.
“The Cancer Moonshot is an ambitious, all-hands initiative that requires the best minds and best technologies working collaboratively,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “As part of our broader focus on precision medicine, which includes investments to accelerate the development of more effective cancer screening, detection, monitoring and treatment, we’re honored to contribute our data and expertise to this important initiative.”
Thermo Fisher is already an active collaborator globally in the war on cancer, working with governments and private sector partners alike to support advancements in precision medicine. Active projects include the National Cancer Institute’s Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (NCI-MATCH) clinical trial in the U.S. The company is also supporting groundbreaking research by the Karolinska Institute in Sweden to demonstrate the potential of integrating both protein biomarkers and genetic markers in a single test for prostate cancer.
Consistent with the Cancer Moonshot mission, Thermo Fisher is focused on helping to make precision medicine technologies more mainstream so that new diagnostics and therapies have clinical application and utility. Current research under way includes developing cell-free DNA (ct-DNA) tumor detection tests, providing more effective ways to monitor responses to immunotherapy and advancing liquid biopsy techniques.
“Thermo Fisher’s unique breadth of precision medicine solutions enables us to play an important role in initiatives such as the Cancer Moonshot,” said Alan Sachs, chief scientific officer for Thermo Fisher. “From mass spectrometry for protein research to next-generation targeted gene sequencing, we can offer a wealth of technologies, insight and data to make an immediate contribution to the work that other collaborators are already doing.”
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O’Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Government Contact Information:
Tim Fenton, 202-257-4277
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]