Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Technology Leadership in Applied Markets at Pittcon 2015". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product 2||AppsLab online repository of analytical methods|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||Keppeler, Tom (Thermo Fisher 201404 Public Relations Leader)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, will showcase new products designed to help customers in applied markets accelerate innovation and maximize productivity during the 2015 Pittsburgh Conference and Exhibition, being held March 8 - 12 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
“We continue to extend the use of our industry-leading analytical instruments and software to customers in applied markets who need greater sensitivity and speed,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Our new products being launched at Pittcon this year reflect our ongoing commitment to technology innovation and our focus on giving customers in a range of industries the tools they need to achieve their goals.”
An example of this versatility is the company’s newest ultra high-performance liquid chromatography system, the Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC, which is making its Pittcon debut. It offers breakthrough performance in sample separation, throughput and ease-of-use for applications ranging from pharmaceutical QA/QC to food safety testing. The Vanquish system also features the company's gold-standard Chromeleon Chromatography Data System to further simplify HPLC analysis.
Thermo Fisher continues to expand the use of technologies traditionally developed for the lab, making them more transportable so advanced analysis can be brought to the field. The new Thermo Scientific Gemini Handheld analyzer is the industry’s first instrument combining FTIR and Raman spectroscopy technologies into a single, rugged handheld unit. The Gemini analyzer enables military troops, explosives teams and hazmat units to employ both techniques to identify unknown chemicals and explosives.
Improved accessibility to scientific expertise is a much-needed resource for smaller labs. Thermo Fisher has unveiled a new searchable online knowledge base for analytical methods, the Thermo Scientific AppsLab Application Laboratory. Users can access detailed method information, chromatograms and related compound information, created and tested by Thermo Fisher Scientific application scientists, which can be downloaded and integrated directly into Chromeleon software.
The latest version of the industry's most widely installed informatics solution, Thermo Scientific Sample Manager LIMS, improves productivity through an all-in-one, standardized platform. The system now incorporates method execution, data visualization and laboratory management as well as offering seamless integration with all popular enterprise-level software packages.
Rounding out the Pittcon highlights, the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus mass spectrometry system brings industry-leading Orbitrap technology to customers who typically use quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometry, providing sensitivity, selectivity, flexibility and ease-of-use for customers working in food safety, pharmaceutical QA/QC and environmental testing laboratories.
For more information about Thermo Fisher Scientific’s innovations at Pittcon 2015, please visit booth #2523 or news.thermofisher.com.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Tom Keppeler, 781-622-1371
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]