Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Transformative UHPLC System Showcases Performance and Throughput". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||Vanquish UHPLC system|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Person||McLeod, Fraser (Thermo Fisher 201306 VP + General Manager HPLC)|
|Person 2||Hudson, Kena (Chempetitive 201503)|
New Design Combines Flexibility of Modular Stacks with Robustness of Integrated Systems
A new ultra high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) system has been designed for enhanced levels of performance, productivity and usability for laboratories performing life science research and other demanding analyses.
The new Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC, exhibited for the first time at Pittcon 2015 (booth 2523) at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, features a clean design that combines the ruggedness of an integrated system with the flexibility and serviceability of a modular system. The Vanquish system can be used as a standalone system or with the latest mass spectrometer, and stands about 25 percent shorter than our comparable modular stacks for safety and convenience in the laboratory.
“Rather than making incremental improvements to UHPLC, we have designed this platform from the ground up, including the columns,” said Fraser McLeod, vice president and general manager, HPLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The result is a system that combines advantages in separations performance, sample throughput, ease-of-use, reproducibility and method transfer efficiency.”
Columns Designed Specifically to Optimize Vanquish System Performance
Central to the Vanquish platform is the new family of Thermo Scientific Accucore Vanquish UHPLC columns. These columns were created specifically for the Vanquish UHPLC system to accommodate the larger power range for faster and better separations than conventional columns. The new columns feature 1.5 µm solid core particles utilizing the company’s Core Enhanced Technology to take full advantage of the Vanquish system’s 1500 bar (22,000 psi) maximum pump pressure and flow rate up to 5mL/min for short diffusion path lengths and efficient separations.
In addition, the new Thermo Scientific Acclaim UHPLC columns can be used with the Vanquish system for reversed-phase applications. The new Thermo Scientific MAbPac HIC-20 and MAbPac HIC-Butyl columns deliver added selectivity options for characterizing monoclonal antibodies.
The system also features:
> SmartFlow pumping technology designed for highly reproducible retention times and low baseline noise to enhance detection sensitivity;
> Temperature control capabilities, including direct heating and forced air temperature control modules in the column compartment, further enhancing separation efficiency and selectivity, as well as retention time reproducibility;
> Gold-standard Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon Chromatography Data System, found in laboratories around the world, calibrates the system automatically and unattended. eWorkflow and Intelligent Run Control automation are designed to enhance data quality and instrument efficiency. The software features instant data reprocessing, paired with Cobra Peak Detection and Smart Link, which can speed data review significantly compared to manual procedures. Chromeleon software also supports chromatography and mass spectrometry functions simultaneously;
> Optional handheld tablet lets users conveniently monitor system status, check runs and make changes;
> Hard carbon-coated ceramic injection valve and pump pistons are designed to deliver consistent, reproducible performance for 200,000 injections, further enhancing uptime by minimizing maintenance, and;
> The system’s Diode Array Detector is designed to generate high-confidence data over a wide linear range with high signal-to-noise performance. Low-dispersion 10 mm and 60 mm flow cells can provide high sensitivity levels and wide linearity for demanding applications. Fused-silica LightPipe flow cells are designed to exploit low baseline drift for reproducible quantitation. Labs can acquire up to 10 signal channels simultaneously, and a spectrum 3D field at 200 Hz. Sensitivity, linearity, and spectral resolution can be tailored to suit the application using four programmable optical slit widths from 1 nm to 8 nm.
For high sample throughput applications, the optional Thermo Scientific Vanquish Charger is a fully integrated robotic module designed for unattended, environmentally controlled sample management and loading into the Vanquish UHPLC system. Accommodating up to nine sample racks, nine deep well plates or 20 shallow well plates, this module includes a bar code reader with empty shelf detection and rack/well plate verification. Users can add samples at any time, even while the instrument is operating, to enable maximum throughput and usability.
The new Thermo Scientific Vanquish Charged Aerosol Detector (CAD) is designed to make the near-universal detection benefits of CAD accessible at a higher speed and improved resolution, seamlessly with Vanquish UHPLC.
Please visit Pittcon booth 2523 or www.thermofisher.com/vanquish for more information.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
San Jose, Calif., USA
Emeryville, Calif., USA
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]