Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/24/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Forms Technology Alliance Partnership with Barnett Institute at Northeastern University. Collaboration Focuses on Advancing LC-MS Techniques for Protein Analysis". San Jos
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, has entered into a Technology Alliance Partnership agreement with scientists at the Barnett Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA. This partnership establishes a formal collaboration to accelerate research in high-resolution accurate mass liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) applications.
The agreement, a broad collaboration between Thermo Fisher scientists and Northeastern scientists will include: performing research and sharing samples and data that could lead to development of improved techniques, exchanging ideas and opinions about improving instrument and software performance, discourse about current technology issues and publishing new methodologies and scientific advances.
The alliance, with the Barnett Institute's Director Barry Karger and team, will focus on three research areas:
· Comprehensive characterization of complex proteins
· Ultra-trace analysis methodologies of proteomic samples
· New LCMS based methods for analysis of biosimilars
"Academic research labs are tremendous sources of innovation, which is why we're so pleased to collaborate with Northeastern scientists who have particular expertise in combining the strengths of separation science and high resolution MS analysis of proteins," said Iain Mylchreest, vice president, Research and Development, Thermo Fisher.
"This agreement formalizes our commitment to actively expedite the development and application of important new technologies," said Professor Karger. "We are very pleased to strengthen the ongoing collaboration of our laboratory with Thermo Fisher in LC-MS protein analysis for biomedical and biotechnology applications."
About Barnett Institute at Northeastern University
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a comprehensive, global research university. Based in Boston, the university, with two graduate satellite campuses in Seattle and Charlotte, offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and more than 165 graduate programs, ranging from professional master's degrees to interdisciplinary PhD programs. Northeastern's research enterprise is aligned with three national imperatives: health, security and sustainability. Northeastern students participate in co-op and other forms of experiential learning in 90 countries on all seven continents.
The Barnett Institute of Chemical and Biological Analysis, recognized internationally as one of the premier centers for research and advanced training in analytical chemistry for biomedical applications, is located at Northeastern University. It is housed in the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology in the College of Science at Northeastern. Established in 1973, the Barnett Institute is a center of excellence in the development and application of separation and mass spectrometric technologies, with a current focus in clinical biological research and the characterization of protein therapeutics. The Barnett Institute's close ties to the medical community and industry, along with its active program of licensing technology, provides for many "real life" applications of research advances which have led to more than 1000 published papers and 70 patents.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Public Relations Manager
Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
Thermo Fisher Scientific
355 River Oaks Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 965-6408 office
(415) 407-5474 mobile
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]