Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Health BioMed to Support Molecular Diagnostics Development in China". Carlsbad, CA & Ningbo.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||CFDA (Chinese Food and Drug Administration)|
AACC 2016 – Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and HEALTH BioMed (HBM) today announces a collaboration to support HBM’s development of molecular diagnostic (MDx) kits for infectious disease and pharmacogenomics screening to serve the China market.
Under the terms of a strategic agreement, HBM will submit all kits it develops on the Applied Biosystems 3500Dx Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) platform through the appropriate regulatory process with the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) following successful validation.
“Our collaboration with Thermo Fisher Scientific will enable HBM to meet a critical need in the China market for a series of high accuracy kits designed to run on a single CE platform to improve human health outcomes,” said Jianwei Yu, Chairman and CEO of HEALTH BioMed. “Molecular diagnostics such as these can improve diagnosis and treatment strategies in hospital settings while also helping to decrease antibiotic abuse.”
HBM intends to leverage its CE-based Advanced Fragment Analysis (AFA) technology and reagents, which are currently CE-IVD-and cFDA-marked as is the ABI 3500Dx platform, to develop multiple assays under its SureX brand of multiplex kits. HBM’s current offering for human papillomavirus (HPV) screening, for example, is designed to target 25 high- and low-risk markers with high sensitivity, specificity and low hands-on-time. Development of its pharmacogenomics kits under the agreement will be designed to further support precision medicine initiatives in the country.
“As the world leader in serving science, we are proud to be an enabling partner to help HEALTH BioMed build its portfolio of molecular diagnostics designed to better manage human health in China,” said Mark Smedley, president of genetic sciences at Thermo Fisher. “We are committed to working with diagnostic partners around the world who share our vision to drive the era of precision medicine.”
For more information, please visit Thermo Fisher (booths #2334 and #2145) or HEALTH BioMed (booth #2541) during the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) 2016 annual meeting July 31-Aug. 4 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
About HEALTH BioMed and HEALTH Gene Technologies
Founded over 20 years, HEALTH BioMed (HBM) is a leading healthcare provider for clinical diagnostic and pharmaceutical products with business divisions of R&D, manufacture, sales and service for over 600 hospitals users in China. Guided by operation philosophy 'Health Technologies, Healthier Services', HBM dedicates to provide the world-class healthcare service and products to our customers. HEALTH Gene Technologies, HBM's wholly-owned subsidiary, is committed to developing and manufacturing simple, rapid and effective nucleic acid testing solutions for partners in public safety and precision medicine. For more information, please visit HBM: www.nb-health.com/HGT.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mauricio Minotta, +1-760-929-2456
Janice Foley, +1-617-823-5555
Record changed: 2016-08-08
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]