Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/9/08). "Press Release: Free Seminar. Using Gas Chromatography for Ultra-sensitive Environment Analysis". Hemel Hempstead.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||gas chromatography (GC)|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific to Host Free Seminar on Use of Gas Chromatography for Ultra-Sensitive Environmental Analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it will host an informative seminar on the latest advances and applications for its vast range of gas chromatographic products for the environmental laboratory, culminating with the TSQ Quantum GC. Suitable for attendees from the water and environmental industries, the free seminar will take place on 13th November 2008 at Thermo Fisher's Hemel Hempstead facility and will be hosted by representatives from Thermo Fisher. Space is limited so preregistration is recommended to guarantee a place. Register online for this event.
Entitled "Raising the bar in performance," the full-day workshop will be coordinated by Simon Ellison, GC/MS applications specialist from Thermo Fisher. This interactive seminar will enhance understanding and explore many different mass spectrometry technologies for environmental applications, ranging from GC and quadrupole to MS/MS with ion trap and triple quadrupole. The latest addition to the Thermo Scientific gas chromatography product range, TSQ Quantum GC, will be demonstrated. This system is a high-performance easy to use GC-MS/MS system designed for fast multi-component analysis and is the next evolution in GC triple quadrupole technology.
Event highlights include presentations from Eric Phillips, environmental and food safety market manager from Thermo Fisher on choosing the right technology for your laboratory and the use of the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum GC for environmental analysis. Thermo Fisher Scientific is the only company that is able to offer a complete range of detection systems for a laboratory. The DSQ II and ITQ systems offer the most flexibility, sensitivity and selectivity in single quadrupole and ion trap technology, respectively. The TSQ Quantum GC is the most selective and sensitive GC triple quadrupole mass spectrometer available on the market, making it ideally suited to the analysis of extremely low level contaminants in all types of matrices required for regulated environments. The unique system provides industry leading levels of selectivity, simultaneous quantification and qualitative confirmation through its innovative scan functions such as Quantitation-Enhanced Data Dependent MS/MS (QED-MS/MS).
Developed for use in the environmental, food, toxicology, pharmaceutical and clinical research laboratories the TSQ Quantum GC utilizes highly selective reaction monitoring (H-SRM) technology. H-SRM allows for better selectivity for low level contaminants in difficult matrices. SRM is a function of all triple quadrupoles. H-SRM on the TSQ Quantum GC provides lower detection limits with less analyst time. This capability allows the quantitation of hundreds of compounds in a single run for multi-residue screening and quantitating in heavy matrix, while zero cross-talk collision cell helps in the elimination of false positives.
Seminar attendance is free on a first-come-first-served basis. For further information on the Thermo Fisher Scientific seminar and for registration details, please visit www.thermo.com/ukgcms.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]