Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (3/11/08). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Implements ProteinCenter from Proxeon. Unique Data Interpretation Software to Be Presented in Customer Demonstrations". Odense.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||ProteinCenter™ data intepretation s/w|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Index term||Thermo Fisher–Proxeon: bioinformatics, 200803– co-marketing ww Thermo showing ProteinCenter s/w in product demonstrations of mass spectrometers|
|Person||Winge, Mårten (Doxa AB 201110– CEO before Proxeon CEO)|
Proxeon today announced that ProteinCenter™ will be shown to customers attending product demonstrations at Thermo Fisher Scientific laboratories worldwide. Thermo Fisher Scientific data evaluation tools together with ProteinCenter will streamline the evaluation and interpretation of proteomics data after mass spectrometric (MS) analysis.
Despite excellent data analysis tools, such as Bioworks™ and Sequest™, used with today's high performance MS systems, proteomic scientists are still faced with the time-consuming challenge of prioritizing the proteins most relevant to their specific investigation and transforming multiple protein lists containing complex data into a biological context. ProteinCenter provides an immediate insight into the biological relevance of protein lists generated by MS-based protein identification and validation.
By including ProteinCenter in the data evaluation workflow, Thermo Fisher Scientific believes that the complexity of data handling issues, such as accession key redundancy and large data set comparisons, will be reduced to a minimum thereby increasing productivity by several multiples and greatly improve the ability of scientists to interpret the biology behind the highly informative protein data generated.
Mårten Winge, CEO, Proxeon, explained: "Confident data interpretation is a known challenge for many scientists using today's highly productive MS instruments. As many times in the life science industry, enhanced instrument performance means that data processing becomes a bottle neck. Using ProteinCenter together with Thermo Fisher Scientific's MS solutions will make a major impact on productivity for proteomics researchers. We are excited that this world-leading proteomics company shares our view that ProteinCenter adds important value to MS-based protein analysis."
Thermo Fisher Scientific specialists are being trained on the new software application and a licence agreement will allow the use of ProteinCenter in the company's demonstration laboratories. ProteinCenter is sold and supported through Proxeon. Interested scientists can try out ProteinCenter for themselves, using their own data.
For more information, please contact Proxeon:
Mårten Winge, M.Sc.,
Tel.: +45 2633 2020
Fax: +45 6557 2301
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]