Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/26/08). "Press Release: Mobile Environmental Monitoring with TSQ Quantum". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Installs TSQ Quantum™ Mass Spectrometer on a Bus for Mobile Environmental Monitoring
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has completed a custom installation of its TSQ Quantum™ triple quadrupole mass spectrometer in a mobile laboratory operating on a bus. The TSQ Quantum is the only triple quadrupole system that enables Highly Selective Reaction Monitoring (H-SRM) performance, which facilitates the quick and efficient analysis of complex samples. The Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks in Quebec, Canada uses the system to perform real-time, mobile analysis of organic and inorganic environmental contaminants in the air, ground and water.
Ministry personnel collaborated with Thermo Fisher and its strategic partner Phytronix Technologies, a Canada-based company, to upgrade an obsolete mobile laboratory system. The TSQ Quantum was chosen because it met the Ministry's stringent requirements for limits of detection in the order of microgram per cubic meter, even in real time. Phytronix engineered a stabilization table to dampen motion so the TSQ Quantum can analyze samples while the bus is on the road. A dampening table was necessary because the mass spectrometer requires a stable environment during analysis.
The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum with ESI source was designed to analyze gaseous samples using the APCI mode. Using Phytronix's Laser Diode Thermal Desorption technology (LDTD) it will also be possible to analyze any sample from any state (gaseous, liquid or solid). With LDTD the samples are desorbed indirectly by infrared laser diode, and gas phase molecules are introduced into the APCI region where ions are transferred into the TSQ Quantum for analysis.
A Ministry laboratory has used the mobile TSQ Quantum to identify and quantify thousands of gas contaminants in the air (including aldehydes, alcohols, acids and chlorine), as well as to map the distribution of the contamination. The map identifies the source of the contamination (e.g., the chimney or waste site) and the area over which it spreads. By combining these results with details of the wind, such as direction and force, the laboratory could provide a legal proof of source in order to enforce environmental regulations. Ministry personnel selected the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum because the instrument had the functionality and flexibility required for collecting this critical environmental data.
For more information about Thermo Scientific MS solutions and their wide range of applications, including environmental analysis, please call +1 800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/ms.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With an annual revenue rate of more than $9 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]