Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Connects for the Paperless Lab. Vendor-neutral Suite of Data Integration, Visualization and Management Technology". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Connects™ for the Paperless Lab|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Person||Champagne, Dave (Thermo 200512 Vice President)|
|Person 2||Kellogg, Aaron (Greenough 201203 Senior Media Consultant)|
Vendor-Neutral Suite of Data Integration, Visualization and Management Technologies Connects Data Sources with Data Destinations Via a Single Interface
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced Thermo Scientific CONNECTS for the Paperless Lab, a combined methodology, technology and services offering that transforms laboratories into tightly integrated paperless environments. Thermo Fisher will showcase CONNECTS™ in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
CONNECTS leverages existing investments in software systems, databases and laboratory instrumentation from a wide variety of commercial vendors to bridge the islands of data generated in laboratories, transforming that data into information that can be used across the enterprise. CONNECTS is designed to enable real-time access to information and improve regulatory compliance and data integrity while helping save time and costs by automating processes and reducing manual data handling.
CONNECTS for the Paperless Lab comprises three unique components - methodology, technology and services - that, combined, are designed to deliver seamless and continuous data flows from the lab into the enterprise to improve results analysis, enable faster decision-making and improve productivity. CONNECTS includes the following:
Methodology: A comprehensive, solutions-oriented consultation assesses an organization's current level of laboratory automation, instrument integration and workflow. The assessment highlights potential ROI and operational gains and delivers a plan for implementing solutions that address instances where current workflow relies on human intervention, which can be the cause of bottlenecks or introduce errors.
Technology: The vendor-neutral suite of data integration, visualization and management technologies delivers comprehensive laboratory workflow automation, integrating instruments and equipment and connecting data sources with data destinations via a single interface. CONNECTS technology translates disparate instrument languages and converts raw data to a vendor-independent XML storage format for future-proof data archiving. The technology consolidates analytical results enterprise-wide, providing access to raw data and instruments from any web browser or mobile device.
Services: Pre- and post-implementation consulting services are based on a widely deployed proven methodology designed to ensure the paperless environment is continuously optimized.
"CONNECTS for the Paperless Lab helps our customers move closer to the goal of achieving a truly paperless lab environment, giving them more opportunities for near-instant decision-making," said Dave Champagne, vice president and general manager for Thermo Fisher's Informatics business. "It integrates disparate sources of data, including laboratory systems like LIMS, ELNs, CDS, DMS and all related instrumentation; enterprise systems such as MES, PIMS and ERP; and communications tools like Sharepoint and BizTalk. Organizations will experience improved workflow, increased automation, consolidated data management and more harmonized business processes. CONNECTS is designed to provide greater visibility into key business metrics while simultaneously helping to reduce costs."
For more information about CONNECTS for the Paperless Lab, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, visit www.thermoscientific.com/paperlesslab or contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Patricia McDermott, 781-287-4839
Aaron Kellogg, 617-275-6526
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]