Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: New Thermo Scientific UV-Vis and Fluorescence Instruments Introduced at Pittcon 2010. Improved Method Development and Sample Analysis". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Evolution™ Array™ UV-Vis Spectrophotometer|
|Product 2||Lumina™ flurorescence spectrometer|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the Thermo Scientific Evolution Array UV-Visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometer and the Thermo Scientific Lumina fluorescence spectrometer. The company will highlight the EvolutionTM ArrayTM and LuminaTM instruments used in life science, pharmaceutical and biotechnology laboratories to measure multi-component chemical samples faster, easier and more reliably at Thermo Scientific booth 2757 during Pittcon 2010, being held February 28 - March 5, in Orlando.
The Evolution Array uses advanced photodiode array (PDA) technology to provide significant advantages in full-spectrum data acquisition and sample throughput when compared to traditional dispersive, monochromator-based spectrophotometers. Full spectrum data is acquired at less than one second for routine data applications and can be acquired at nearly 50 points per second for advanced kinetics applications. The Evolution Array delivers industry-leading performance for rapid and accurate method development and sample analysis in QA/QC, materials science and educational laboratories.
The Evolution Array provides simultaneous detection of all wavelengths throughout the ultraviolet and visible regions of the spectrum, allowing a nearly instantaneous display of a full absorbance spectrum from 190-1100 nm. Full-spectrum analysis of every standard and sample allows users to create standard curves, plot 3D graphical displays and examine samples at any wavelength at any time. This significantly accelerates analytical method development.
The new Thermo Scientific Lumina fluorescence spectrometer offers twice the resolution power of competitive instruments. It provides a 0.5 nm spectral resolution, helping analysts isolate detailed information about samples. The instrument's high resolution capability enables researchers to resolve sample features that are closely positioned and better discriminate between peaks in spectra. Additionally, its increased sensitivity offers lower detection limits, less noise and more consistent baseline measurements, delivering a new level of clarity in fluorescence measurement for QA/QC, materials science, environmental, photochemistry and luminescence laboratories.
The Lumina features a powerful xenon lamp and fast scan speeds (up to 6,000 nm/min), providing research-quality results for demanding samples. It can detect sample concentrations below parts-per-billion for compounds such as harmful heavy metals and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Additionally, the photomultiplier detector in the Lumina offers an extended measuring near-infrared wavelength (190 nm to 900 nm), which facilitates cutting-edge research in biochemistry and photosynthesis applications.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific Evolution Array UV-Vis spectrophotometer or the Thermo Scientific Lumina fluorescence spectrometer please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2757 at Pittcon 2010. Alternatively, visit www.thermo.com/uv-vis, call (800) 532-4752 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/pittcon10
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]