Document › Details
Thermo Electron Corporation. (8/8/06). "Press Release: Thermo Introduces the LTQ FT Ultra Hybrid FTICR, the most Powerful new Mass Spectrometry on the Market". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO)|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ FT Ultra mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||LTQ FT mass spectrometer|
Thermo Electron Corporation, world leader in analytical instrumentation announces the launch of its next generation hybrid FTICR mass spectrometer, the LTQ FT Ultra. This new instrument analyzes complex matrices and large molecules with independent sub ppm mass accuracy, ultra high resolution in excess of 750,000 and improved detection circuitry. The LTQ FT Ultra is equipped with a novel ICR cell design, the Ultra Cell, which improves sensitivity and widens the dynamic range to exceed 4000, all on an LC timescale. It is suited for top-down and bottom-up proteomics as well as metabolomics and was unveiled recently at the 54th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics in Seattle, Washington.
Thermo's new LTQ FT Ultra is the ideal analytical solution for monitoring complex mixtures such as Dissolved Organic Matters (DOM), polymers and crude oil samples as well as for the unambiguous identification of unknown analytes with on-line LC-MS/MS at any concentration. This hybrid FTICR mass spectrometer provides attomole sensitivity for identification of low abundance peptides on a routine basis.
The linear excitation characteristics of the Ultra Cell allow larger cyclotron radii, which dramatically reduce space charge effects. These performance gains are achieved without the costs and difficulties associated with a higher field magnet. The LTQ FT Ultra is the successor of Thermo's Finnigan LTQ FT high performance hybrid mass spectrometer, which was introduced in 2003, winning the Editors' Silver Award at PITTCON 2003. It has been developed based on the proven combination of Thermo's FTICR platform and the LTQ XLTM advanced linear ion trap.
This new and easy to use FTICR hybrid mass spectrometer features unmatched Data Dependant acquisition speed and can be equipped with ECD and IRMPD fragmentation techniques that can be used on the LC timescale.
The LTQ FT Ultra is powered by Thermo's Xcalibur™ software and can also be configured with layered application software including ProSightPC™*, SIEVE™, MetWorks™ and BioWorks™.
For more information on Thermo's LTQ FT Ultra ultimate FTICR hybrid mass spectrometer, please call +1 800-532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively visit www.thermo.com/ms.
About Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
A market leader in ion trap, hybrid, magnetic sector mass spectrometers, and hyphenated multi-instrument combinations of these products, Thermo's integrated solutions include state-of-the-art instrument systems, advanced software and HPLC column technology with a wide range of innovative phases and hardware designs - tailored to meet the rigorous demands of lab professionals in applications such as proteomics, drug discovery, environmental analysis and analytical quantification. For more information, visit www.thermo.com/ms.
About Thermo Electron Corporation
Thermo Electron Corporation is the world leader in analytical instruments. Our instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. Thermo's Life and Laboratory Sciences segment provides analytical instruments, scientific equipment, services and software solutions for life science, drug discovery, clinical, environmental and industrial laboratories. Thermo's Measurement and Control segment is dedicated to providing analytical instruments used in a variety of manufacturing processes and in-the-field applications, including those associated with safety and homeland security.
*ProSightPC is a trademark of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]