Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces High-capacity, High-efficiency Capillary Columns for Ion Chromatography. Smaller-particle, Higher-resolution Thermo Scientific Dionex IonPac Columns Enable Fast
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||IonPac® column (product series)|
|Product 2||Dionex ICS-4000 High-Pressure Ion Chromatography (HPIC™) system|
|Person||Pohl, Christopher (Thermo 201305 VP Chromatography Chemistry before Dionex 201005 SVP RnD + CSO)|
|Person 2||Kubina, Stephanie (Thermo Fisher 201003)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced three new high-capacity, high-efficiency 4 µm particle-size capillary IC columns that enable faster, more accurate analyses. The Thermo Scientific Dionex IonPac ion-exchange columns use smaller resin particles than previous columns for more efficient separation of commonly analyzed inorganic anions, organic acids, cations and small polar amines in a variety of sample matrices. The company will showcase the new columns in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
Many laboratories have pushed 5.5 to 9 µm particle-size capillary columns to their limits of resolution and speed. Increased flow rates alone cannot be used to accelerate analyses because both resolution and quality of results would be adversely affected. For applications requiring high resolution, it is often not practical to improve resolution by using longer gradient runs because it can reduce sample throughput.
The new Dionex IonPac™ columns enable laboratories to optimize their separations to simultaneously achieve higher resolution and higher flow rates. The new line consists of two high-capacity anion-exchange columns, the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column and the Dionex IonPac AS18-4µm column, and one high-capacity cation-exchange column, the Dionex IonPac CS19-4µm column.
"In the past, laboratories were hesitant to adopt faster columns because it required sacrifices in column capacity, efficiency or both," said Chris Pohl, vice president, chromatography chemistry, Thermo Fisher. "Based on 4 µm media, these new columns have the capacity and selectivity of existing columns, but are also much more efficient. This extra efficiency allows the columns to operate at higher flow rates or with higher resolution, without unacceptable sacrifice."
The Dionex IonPac AS18-4µm column, offered in a 150 mm format, enables rapid analysis of anions in environmental waters using isocratic hydroxide eluents. Laboratories analyzing drinking water, wastewater and effluent samples can use this column to decrease their run times and increase overall sample throughput without loss of resolution. The Dionex IonPac AS18-4µm column provides the same selectivity as the Thermo Scientific Dionex IonPac AS18 column, simplifying method adoption.
The Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm and Dionex CS19-4µm columns, offered in a 250 mm format, increase chromatographic resolution and quality of analytical results obtained when analyzing complex sample matrices such as foods and beverages, chemical process solutions and wastewater. The Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column is for high-resolution separation of organic acids and inorganic anions using hydroxide gradients. The Dionex IonPac CS19-4µm column is for high-resolution separation of common cations, small polar amines and polyvalent amines using simple MSA eluents.
All three columns, which are intended for use with the new Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-4000 (www.thermoscientific.com/capIC) and Dionex ICS-5000 (www.thermoscientific.com/ics5000) high-pressure ion chromatography (HPIC™) capillary systems, can operate at a maximum pressure of 5000 psi.
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific Dionex ion-exchange columns, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call (781) 933-4689, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/4um.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Stephanie Kubina, 408-965-6022
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]