Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/11/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Automated Sample Prep/LC System. Designed to Make LC-MS/MS Analysis Accessible to More Clinical Researchers". San Diego, CA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the Thermo Scientific Prelude SPLC sample preparation and liquid chromatography system, developed to make analysis of target compounds in complex biological matrices routine for clinical research and forensic toxicology laboratories.
LC-MS/MS offers significant advantages in selectivity and quantitative accuracy over immunoassays and other analytical techniques, according to numerous published studies. However, Thermo Fisher Scientific "Voice of the Customer" surveys indicate that many clinical researchers consider the need for specialized mass spectrometry expertise a barrier to adopting this powerful technology.
"Our intent is to demonstrate how easy it now can be to perform LC-MS/MS bioanalysis on a routine basis," said Ken Miller, Thermo Fisher vice president, Marketing, Life Science Mass Spectrometry. "As the clinical research community increasingly recognizes the benefits of LC-MS/MS, we set a goal to make this technique more accessible than it is with standard HPLC systems. To do this, we designed a front end of the MS workflow emphasizing robustness, affordable cost of ownership and better ease of use. We feel that the Prelude SPLC system succeeds."
The Prelude SPLC sample preparation and liquid chromatography system is designed to work seamlessly with Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers such as the Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage triple-stage quadrupole instrument. The TSQ Vantage system is known for its very high sensitivity and low noise, enabling quantitative analysis and positive identification of drugs, drug metabolites and steroids in biological samples.
The Prelude SPLC system is designed to enhance the cost effectiveness of LC-MS/MS instrumentation by automating sample preparation and increasing mass spectrometer throughput. Automation can minimize variability inherent in manual sample preparation procedures while also reducing sample preparation time and effort. Innovative Thermo Scientific TurboFlow technology is designed to negate problems caused by sample matrix interference while capturing analytes of interest. This level of sample clean-up can enhance MS quantitative analysis by reducing ion suppression. Contamination of the mass spectrometer ion source can also be reduced, minimizing maintenance requirements.
The Prelude SPLC system can contribute to reductions in operating costs for research laboratories that currently outsource LC-MS/MS analysis by bringing this capability in-houseBecause it features two channels of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) separation, mass spectrometer idle time can be reduced compared to single channel LC systems. This often translates into higher sample throughput.
LC-MS/MS performance can be further enhanced through precise and reproducible low-volume gradient operation at flow rates of 1-2000 mL/min, which can enable fast, high-resolution separations compared to standard HPLC systems.
Ease of use is enhanced by Thermo Scientific TraceFinder software, which provides a single, easy-to-learn interface for both the LC and MS functions. These include instrument control, data acquisition, data processing and reporting. Thermo Scientific Quick Start methods are designed to facilitate implementation of LC/MS for users who may not be mass spectrometry experts. Once a method is loaded, users can begin running samples with as few as six clicks of the mouse.
The Prelude SPLC system software features a remote instrument monitoring and diagnostics capability, designed to reduce the need for on-site troubleshooting skills. Thermo Scientific technicians can pinpoint hardware problems online.
The Prelude SPLC system is manufactured at an ISO 13485 certified Thermo Fisher facility. ISO 13485 is an internationally recognized standard of quality management.
For more information, visit www.thermoscientific.com/prelude.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Public Relations Manager
Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
Thermo Fisher Scientific
355 River Oaks Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 965-6408 office
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]