Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/31/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces the RIIDEye Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier". Norfolk, VA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||RIIDEye handheld radiation isotope identifier (product series)|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
Device promotes national security and border protection by allowing security organizations to detect nuclear materials at ports, airports and secure installations in real time
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the availability of the RIIDEye handheld radiation isotope identifier. Attendees of the CBRNe Convergence conference in Norfolk, Virginia can test the device at booth #78 in the exhibition hall at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott in Norfolk, Virginia, October 30 - November 2, 2012.
First responders need rugged, field-ready equipment for swift response. The Thermo Scientific RIIDEye instruments provide just that capability, advanced and highly intuitive handheld isotopic identifiers providing real-time gamma source identification, based on Thermo Fisher Scientific's patented QCC technology. Its quick detection of radioactivity makes it a valuable tool for use in ports, airports, security checkpoints and other areas where assurance is needed.
The RIIDEye instruments are intuitively designed to be operated by non-technical safety personnel who have limited experience in radiation detection, location and measurement. A large, bright display verifies the type and intensity of radioactive isotopes. Real-time data recording allows for processing and transmission for reach back analysis. Color coded peaks in the display quickly alert the user to the presence of either benign or threatening radioactivity. For remote detection, the RIIDEye display unit can be separated from the detector and reconnected with an extender cable. This allows the detector to reach in places it normally would not be able to, such as the under body of a truck or automobile.
RIIDEye instruments are available in three configurations, the RIIDEye G, for gamma identification, RIIDEye GN for gamma neutron identification and RIIDEye G Hi-Res with a Lanthanum Bromide detector for high resolution readings. For more information and to view a video of the RIIDEye, visit www.thermoscientific.com/riideye.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]