Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Data Processing Software for Analyzing Dioxins and Other Persistent Organic Pollutants. TargetQuan 3 Automatically Manages the Complex Data Processing Operation
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific POPs Center of Excellence, Bremen|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||TargetQuan 3 software|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system|
|Person||D’Silva, Kyle (Thermo Fisher 2010604 Pharma & Biopharma Marketing)|
|Person 2||Silcock, Paul (Thermo Fisher 201106 GC-MS/MS Product Manager)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced Thermo Scientific TargetQuan 3 data processing software for laboratories that analyze and report data on persistent organic pollutants (POPs). The company will provide information about the new TargetQuan 3 software in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
The quantification of POPs, such as dioxins, furans and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), is challenging, and labs are required to make extremely low-level determinations using highly accurate and precise isotope dilution techniques. These demands are compounded by an extensive regulatory framework that requires analysis of the overall toxicity of samples, which can significantly increase a laboratory's time-to-result.
TargetQuan 3 automatically manages the complex data processing operations required for reporting on POPs such as dioxins and dioxin-like substances. The software allows simple batch processing of samples and integrates into routine POPs laboratory processes, saving time and reducing time-to-result.
"Thermo Fisher designed TargetQuan 3 software specifically for workflow-orientated POPs quantification," said Kyle D'Silva, product manager for GC-HRMS at Thermo Fisher. "It is ideal for laboratories performing routine quantification of POPs in regulated environments or those charged with ensuring compliance with international protocols."
In addition to traditional high-resolution techniques, TargetQuan 3 lets users perform isotope dilution quantitation on data acquired with triple quadrupole instrumentation. Today, more labs are using GC triple quadrupole instruments for POPs analysis.
"Instruments such as the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra GC-MS/MS have allowed more powerful dioxin screening methods," said Paul Silcock, GC-MS/MS product manager at Thermo Fisher. "When combined with 'gold standard' confirmatory techniques, possible with the Thermo Scientific DFS High Resolution GC/MS for example, high-capacity, high-efficiency POPs analysis is now achievable. TargetQuan 3 enables seamless POPs quantification, independent of the instrument platform used, and it is a key component of a truly integrated workflow."
TargetQuan 3 is the latest introduction from the Thermo Scientific POPs Center of Excellence, a dedicated resource for Thermo Fisher customers that is staffed by experts in POPs analysis.
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific TargetQuan 3, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call +1 866-463-6522, email email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/POPs.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Stephanie Kubina, 408-965-6022
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]