Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/26/10). "Press Release: Thermo Scientific IRMS Solution Provides Fully-automated Multi-compound and Multi-element Isotope Analysis for Reliable Authentication of Food and Beverages".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Delta V isotope ratio mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Product 2||Trace GC Ultra™|
New configuration allows fast and fully automated switching between multi-compound and multi-element analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the availability of a new easy-to-use isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) solution for the authentication of food and beverages. This comprehensive solution is designed to enhance laboratory productivity, reliably confirm the authenticity of food and beverage samples and detect counterfeit products. The new configuration allows fast and fully automated switching between multi-compound and multi-element analysis. It includes the Thermo Scientific DELTA V series IRMS and the ConFlo IV Universal Interface, combined with the TRACE GC Ultra and the new Flash HT Plus elemental analyzer, all in a single set-up for maximum cost efficiency. The combination delivers a simplified workflow requiring minimal sample preparation and handling and offers a higher level of laboratory automation. The new IRMS solution will be showcased at Thermo Scientific booth 101 in Hall B1 during Analytica 2010, being held March 23 - 26, in Munich, Germany.
The Delta V mass spectrometer can be connected to either the TRACE GC Ultra or the Flash HT Plus using the Thermo Fisher Scientific ConFlo IV enabling time saving switching between the two instruments for multi-compound isotope analysis or multi-element isotope analysis. Multi-element analysis can be achieved by connecting the DELTA V with the new Thermo Scientific Flash HT Plus. This combination allows dependable characterization of bulk samples with minimal sample preparation and handling and is designed to save valuable staff-time, deliver cost efficiencies and increase productivity. Combining the automated dilution and referencing system of the ConFlo IV Universal Interface with the DELTA V IRMS provides multi-elemental isotope analysis of carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen and sulphur with a total sample size of close to 1:5000. The new Flash HT Plus features a fully automated, two single-furnace system, delivering dynamic flash combustion and high temperature conversion capabilities in a single analyzer to suit virtually all analytical requirements.
Multi-compound isotope analysis is done through the DELTA V interfaced with the TRACE GC Ultra, disclosing the ratios of carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen and generating unique isotope fingerprints related to the history and origin of complex samples. This ensures accurate quality control of food, flavors and beverages and real-time identification of adulterated products.
The new workflow solution is designed for ease of use, allowing commercial and government food testing institutions to take advantage of advanced analytical capabilities. The system can acquire complementary information on the origin and authenticity of compounds using a single, straightforward instrument set-up, with the aim of reducing investment and operating costs.
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific IRMS workflow solution for the authentication of food and beverage samples including the new Flash HT Plus elemental analyzer, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 101 in Hall B1 at Analytica 2010. Alternatively, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/irmsflash.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Analytica 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/analytica10.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]