Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/1/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Unveils Breakthrough LC Technology that Dramatically Increases Laboratory Productivity. The New Thermo Scientific Accela 600 and Accela 1000 Are Designed to Enable Rapid Me
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Accela 1000 U-HPLC system|
|Product 2||LTQ Velos™ ion trap LC-MS system|
The new Thermo Scientific Accela 600 and Accela 1000 are designed to enable rapid method development while significantly reducing solvent consumption.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the expansion of its quaternary solvent delivery systems with the release of the Accela 600 HPLC and Accela 1000 U-HPLC. The new Thermo Scientific Accela 600 and Accela 1000 are designed to enable rapid method development while significantly reducing solvent consumption. In addition to being best-in breed dedicated LC instruments, these systems complement the full range of Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers. The comprehensive Accela product line will be on display on the Thermo Scientific booth (#6-8) at HPLC 2009, June 28 to July 2, in Dresden, Germany.
Both Accela systems feature innovative Force Feedback Control (FFC) which enables the delivery of accurate and precise gradients under all operating conditions. This provides the flexibility of quaternary solvent delivery with unparalleled performance for HPLC and U-HPLC applications.
"The capabilities of the new Accela 600 & Accela 1000 systems increase laboratory productivity. The systems provide increased flexibility for conventional and ultra high performance applications," said Andrew Altman, vice president and general manager of liquid chromatography, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "While the rest of the industry focuses on increasing pressure, the Accela systems, equipped with FFC technology, deliver excellent compositional and flow rate accuracy and precision resulting in high levels of reproducibility. When coupled with the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos, these new products create the world's fastest LC-MS with increased ion trapping efficiency and lower fragmentation times. The faster scan rates of the LTQ Velos allow more MSn experiments to be carried out in shorter chromatographic runs."
Developed specifically for use with Thermo Scientific Hypersil columns packed with 5, 3 and the new 2.4 micron particle diameter, the Accela 600 provides flow rates up to 5 mL/min and a maximum operating pressure of 600 bar with only 90 µL of delay volume. The Accela 1000 has a maximum operating pressure of 1000 bar with only 65 µL of delay volume, making it ideal for U-HPLC applications using columns packed with sub 2.0 micron particles like the Hypersil Gold. The Accela 1000 is the only U-HPLC instrument on the market with a quaternary solvent delivery system and optimized gradient accuracy. This combination of features gives the user the flexibility to use the Accela 1000 as a high quality stand-alone LC or as a front-end system for applications that integrate mass spectrometry.
The Thermo Scientific Open Accela Autosampler delivers increased throughput, impressive durability and minimal carryover in an easy-to-use, flexible open access platform. The vertically designed Open Accela Autosampler provides a compact solution that is fully configurable for all applications.
The new Thermo Scientific Accela PDA improves sample identification with increased sensitivity and an acquisition rate up to 80 Hz. The PDA's patented LightPipeTM technology enables fast separations by employing a 1 cm path length in a 2 ?L flow cell. The extremely low level of dispersion in the LightPipe technology allows the flowcell to retain excellent peak shape and chromatographic resolution.
The Accela U-HPLC system optimizes the performance of sub-2 µm particle columns, providing seamless operation spanning conventional LC pressures from short LC columns up to 15,000 psi for long-column separations of complex samples. These new systems improve laboratory efficiency by offering significant improvements in run times and increased sensitivity.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific Accela LC product line, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth (#6-8) at HPLC 2009, call +1 800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/lc.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]