Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/4/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Enhances Glycan Analysis Workflow with Simultaneous Charge, Size and Polarity HPLC Separations". San José, CA.
Thermo Scientific Dionex GlycanPac AXH-1 column enables high throughput characterization of glycans in biopharmaceutical drug discovery, research and manufacturing QA/QC
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the Thermo Scientific Dionex GlycanPac AXH-1 HPLC column. This new column is designed to enable simultaneous separation of biologically-important glycans based on charge, size and polarity, and facilitate challenging characterization of glycan profiles and determination of their structures.
Growing numbers of scientists are investigating glycans as potential biomarkers or as post-translational modifications of therapeutic proteins, as evidenced by large numbers of published studies. Antibody research is gaining growing interest in developing protein biotherapeutics, including monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of diseases. Glycosylation of antibodies is a major source of structural and functional variation and can profoundly affect the safety and effectiveness of biopharmaceutical products.
Mass spectrometry has emerged as a powerful tool for determining the structures of glycans, and this new column is designed to enable researchers to harness the power of high-resolution accurate-mass (HRAM) mass spectrometry at high throughput rates. This column is designed to separate both labeled and native glycans based on the availability of samples. Native glycan separation allows researchers to eliminate the fluorescent labeling step and increase throughput without eroding performance. The GlycanPac AXH-1 column complements glycan workflows available from Thermo Fisher Scientific by providing high levels of selectivity and resolution of these complex molecules. Analysis by Orbitrap-based HRAM mass spectrometry and structural elucidation by SimGlycan® software then provides detailed information.
"We're constantly looking for ways to make high performance glycan analysis more accessible and useful to the pharmaceutical community," said Chris Pohl, Thermo Scientific vice president, Chromatography Chemistry. "We feel that this new column succeeds in terms of enhancing quality of results and speed."
Thermo Scientific experiments have shown the new column to deliver excellent resolution for both unlabeled and labeled glycans. It is compatible with fluorescent and mass spectrometry detection methods, according to the company's tests. The GlycanPac AXH-1 column, based on innovative mixed-mode surface chemistry, combines weak anion-exchange and HILIC (hydrophobic interaction liquid chromatography) retention mechanisms. The weak anion exchange functionality provides retention and selectivity for negatively charged glycans, while the HILIC mode enables separation of identically charged glycans by polarity and size. The result is new capability for separating glycans. The column can also be used to accurately quantify glycans based on charge.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific HRAM mass spectrometry glycans workflow, visit www.thermoscientific.com/glycanpac.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $13 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Stu Matlow, 408-965-6408
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]