Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/9/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces New System for Effortless Ultra High Pressure LC-MS Proteomics Analysis at ASMS 2011". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||EASY-nLC 1000 system|
|Product 2||LC/MS system|
|Index term 2||Proxeon–Thermo Fisher: investment, 201004 acquisition|
|Person||Altman, Andrew (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Liquid Chromatography)|
|Person 2||Baldry, Lindsay (Scott Partnership 201011)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the launch of a new split-free, nano-flow UHPLC system. The Thermo Scientific EASY-nLC 1000 is the newest addition to the EASY-nLC family of nano-LC products. The EASY-nLC 1000 is unique in its ability to facilitate dedicated separation of biomolecules, such as proteins and peptides, at ultra-high pressures. The instrument is extremely easy to use and can seamlessly integrate with the complete range of Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry (MS) systems for instant, trouble-free operation. The new instrument will be displayed for the first time in the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Hyatt Regency in Centennial Ballroom D during the 59th Annual ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, from June 5-9 in Denver.
The Thermo Scientific EASY-nLC 1000 uses shorter gradients on 50 µm UHPLC columns with 1.9 µm beads, delivering superior separation capability with razor-sharp peaks. As a result of its advanced design, the EASY-nLC 1000 facilitates as much as 30 percent more peptide and protein identifications by providing higher pressure ratings, along with independent and simultaneous variations of bead size and column length. Increasing the number of identifications is a significant achievement for proteomic research and discovery purposes. The EASY-nLC 1000 operates on the Thermo Scientific Xcalibur software platform, easily connecting and interfacing with the full suite of Thermo Scientific LC-MS systems.
The higher operating pressure range of the EASY-nLC 1000 significantly shortens analytical cycles and is designed to increase productivity by accelerating sample loading and column re-equilibrations. Additionally, the split-free, nano-flow capability of the new system provides excellent retention-time reproducibility (below 0.4 percent RSD), even for very complex samples. The simple integrated configuration is both easy-to-use and robust.
"We believe the EASY-nLC 1000 will be a market-leading instrument because it offers UHPLC performance that is dedicated to proteomics scientists," said Andrew Altman, vice president and general manager of liquid chromatography, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "This capability is complemented by exceptional ease of use, rapid operation and better separations in a highly robust instrument. The EASY-nLC 1000 will revolutionize the way LC-MS analyses are performed."
For more information about the EASY-nLC 1000, as well as other new Thermo Scientific products, please visit the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite, Centennial Ballroom D at ASMS 2011. Alternatively, please call (800) 532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/easylc.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact Information:
Name: Lindsay Baldry
Phone: 44 1477 539539
Secondary Contact Information:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]