Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: New Technology Enables Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization Workflow with a Single Platform". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||Q Exactive™ BioPharma MS/MS Hybrid Quadropole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||Vanquish Flex Binary UHPLC system|
|Person||Josephs, Jonathan (Thermo Fisher 201606 Director Pharma/Biopharma Marketing, Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry before BMS)|
|Person 2||Bright, Laura (Thermo Fisher 201606)|
Thermo Scientific Q Exactive BioPharma enables three powerful new protein characterization workflows on one instrument
ASMS 2016 – Researchers performing biopharmaceutical characterization can now benefit from a single system from Thermo Fisher Scientific that enables three powerful workflows for the complete characterization of biotherapeutics.
The new Thermo Scientific Q Exactive BioPharma MS/MS Hybrid Quadropole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer takes full advantage of the high-resolution, accurate-mass (HRAM) capabilities of the Orbitrap mass analyzer to enable three key protein characterization workflows; denatured and native MS intact analysis, subunit and top/middle-down analysis, and peptide mapping. Combined with recommended sample preparation and analysis methods based on Thermo Scientific reagents, columns, UHPLC and data processing technologies, the Q Exactive BioPharma constitutes a complete solution for the rigorous structural characterization of biotherapeutic compounds.
“Researchers require multiple MS techniques to perform the experiments essential for biopharmaceutical structure characterization,” said Jonathan Josephs, director, pharma/biopharma marketing, life sciences mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher. “We now offer a single instrument that encompasses all of our leading technologies into one system, which can be used to analyze antibody-based biologics at the intact, subunit, and peptide levels—ultimately providing an efficient route to high quality results.”
The Thermo Scientific Q Exactive BioPharma features a new High Mass Range (HMR) mode which adds the ability for exceptional intact monoclonal antibody and antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) analysis, under both native intact and denatured intact conditions, to the existing capabilities for subunit top/middle-down and peptide mapping analysis.
When combined with Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder Software, the technology is a powerful solution for biotherapeutic characterization. The integrated workflow-driven interface enables automated processing of data from peptide, subunit, and intact protein analyses. BioPharma Finder uses two deconvolution algorithms to take full advantage of the ultra-high-quality, high-resolution accurate mass (HRAM) data produced by Orbitrap-based mass spectrometers to provide superb accuracy for intact mass measurements. This powerful software can also be used to accurately characterize disulfide bond linkages, detect low-level impurities and automate the relative quantitation and reporting of sequence variants and post-translational modifications.
To further complete the solution, the new Thermo Scientific Vanquish Flex Binary UHPLC system adds a binary solvent delivery option in the 1000 bar (15,000 psi) performance range, and will preview at this year’s ASMS. The system is built for high-speed, fast gradient applications and the Vanquish platform’s inherent outstanding retention time reproducibility. The Vanquish Flex Binary UHPLC system is the solution for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical laboratories performing qualitative and quantitative LC or LC-MS analysis. Ease-of-use and innovative technologies that are robust by design are making UHPLC widely accessible and enable easy and effective method transfer from established systems and applications.
These solutions will be on display at the 64th American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in the Thermo Fisher Booth 319 and in the Thermo Fisher suite at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Texas Ballroom D. For more information, visit http://www.thermofisher.com/asms.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Laura Bright, +1 562-335-8318
+44 (0) 1223 828201
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]