Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches Automated Bench-top Analyzer for Quality Monitoring of Breweries". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||Gallery Plus Beermaster photometric analyzer|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus Beermaster, a new discrete photometric analyzer for beer and wort analysis and quality control. The Gallery Plus Beermaster is a fast and reliable bench-top system that improves sample pretreatment and analysis by automating labor-intensive and time-consuming bitterness testing. It also enables simultaneous automated determination of several analytes, such as beta-glucan, pH and SO2, from a single sample. The company will showcase the new Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus Beermaster in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
During the automated bitterness measurement process, beer bittering substances are extracted from interfering compounds present in the sample matrix prior to photometric analysis at 275 nm. Manual sample preparation is minimal; only a shaking procedure is needed for degassing. One sample measurement takes 10 minutes, saving valuable hands-on time compared to manual or semi-automated methods. Under normal working conditions, when several samples are measured, a bitterness result is reported every seven minutes. Gallery Plus Beermaster includes three ready-to-use reagents for 360 bitterness tests.
In addition to automated bitterness measurement, Gallery Plus Beermaster offers 30 tests for beer and wort analysis. Methods used include well-known enzymatic and colorimetric chemistries with result levels comparable to those of international reference methods such as ASBC, EBC and MEBAK, ensuring confidence in the quality of results.
Ready-to-use liquid reagents eliminate reagent preparation, saving time, while the volume- optimized system kits minimize reagent waste. There are 42 on-board reagent positions with the flexibility to add reagents at any time without interrupting the ongoing analysis. The reagent usage and expiration dates are automatically monitored in real-time. The on-board sample capacity of the Gallery Plus Beermaster is 54.
The Gallery Plus Beermaster is designed to be easy and cost-effective to operate. The unique, disposable low-volume reaction cuvette uses less reagent and consumes less water, lowering overall operating cost. The compact system occupies a small footprint and no external water or drainage connections are required.
"With Gallery Plus Beermaster, bitterness testing takes far less time, and together with analysis of other important beer parameters it improves quality monitoring in brewing processes," said Bill Ostman, vice president and general manager, Clinical Diagnostics, Vantaa Finland. "This results in greater productivity, higher quality and overall cost savings when compared to traditional manual methods."
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus Beermaster, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call (800) 232-3342, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/galleryplus.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Päivi Väänänen, 358 9 329 100
Kathy Ruzich, 510-979-5157
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]