Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New ICP-MS System. Ultra-compact, Highly Sensitive Thermo Scientific iCAP Q Cuts Analysis Times by 50 Percent". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Münster, Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Research Group Prof. Karst|
|Group||University of Münster (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)|
|Product||iCAP Q ICP-MS system|
|Product 2||XSERIES 2 quadrupole ICP-MS analyzer|
|Index term 2||Univ Münster–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201203 supply existent iCAP Q ICP-MS systems Karst group is early customer|
|Person||Karst, Uwe (Univ Münster 201008 Professor Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today launched its new Thermo Scientific iCAP Q, an ICP-MS system that features world-class performance and increased throughput to help laboratories cut analysis times by up to 50 percent when compared to the XSERIES 2 ICP-MS, the model it replaces. The iCAP Q also features a new interface and advanced technology that enables one-click setup and easier routine maintenance. Thermo Fisher will showcase the new iCAP Q in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
"Our applications, such as speciation of gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents, are highly demanding, so we require robust and sensitive instruments that enable us to push the boundaries of our work," said Dr. Uwe Karst, chair of analytical chemistry, University of Muenster Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry. "We have our iCAP Qs running 24/7, often working with high organic content during HPLC hyphenation. Furthermore, it is so well designed that even changing plasma conditions during gradient elution can be easily tolerated by the instrument, improving detection limits and saving time."
The unique ion-focusing system in the iCAP Q delivers best-in-class signal-to-noise performance, and the proprietary QCell with flatapole technology for low mass cut-off offers unparalleled interference removal for complete confidence in results. New Qtegra software fully automates the system for one-click setup, which enables users to go from standby to performance-qualified analysis with the push of a button.
To ensure nearly continuous uptime, Thermo Fisher designed the iCAP Q to be easy to service. Access to the skimmer and sampler cones, the extraction lenses (without breaking the vacuum) and the torch assembly make routine maintenance fast and easy. According to Dr. Karst, "the ease of maintenance is one of the many things that make this ICP-MS a workhorse in our group."
The iCAP Q is ideal for environmental, metals, clinical research, food safety, semiconductor and geochemical laboratories conducting both routine and complex elemental analyses. Regulatory compliance templates make it easier to comply with legislated methodologies from U.S. Pharmacopoeia, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and other regulatory bodies.
"This system presents a significant advancement in quadrupole ICP-MS instrumentation by offering class-leading sensitivity, increased productivity and simplified operation in a single instrument," said Ernst Schroeder, vice president for inorganic mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher. "All these capabilities are present in a technologically superior instrument that has the smallest footprint in the industry."
For more information about iCAP Q, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call 1-800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/dramatic.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50200052&lang=en
Download All Files
Download Thumbnail (5.46 KB)
Download Viewimage (15.81 KB)
Download Lowres (126.2 KB)
Download Highres (399.97 KB)
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Karen Pye, 44 1606 548716
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]