Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/11/09). "Press Release: ACHEMA 2009 – LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos Launched. Next Generation Ion Trap and Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers". Frankfurt.
|Region||Frankfurt am Main|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Person||Mylchreest, Iain (Thermo Fisher 201003 VP Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today launched two new mass spectrometers, the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos systems at ACHEMA 2009 in Frankfurt, Germany, from May 11-15.
· The LTQ Velos™ features a new dual pressure trap design and API source, making it the world's fastest and most-sensitive ion trap mass spectrometer. The unique dual pressure trap technology features two discrete pressure regions that allow the decoupling of ion manipulation and detection. This enables the utilization of optimal pressures during analysis, increasing both scan speed and resolution.
· The LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ combines the industry-leading Orbitrap™ mass analyzer, a new Higher-Energy Collisional Dissociation (HCD) cell and dual pressure trap technology to routinely deliver ultra-high resolution and accurate mass data.
The speed of the LTQ Velos-based mass spectrometers is ideal for coupling to U-HPLC systems, enabling researchers to identify more compounds in less time. The Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos will be on display on booth B1-C11, Hall 6.1 at ACHEMA 2009 in Frankfurt, Germany, from May 11 - 15.
"The new dual pressure trap and S-Lens API interface combine to deliver increased sensitivity, improved ion transmission, and more efficient trapping and fragmentation of ions," said Iain Mylchreest, vice president of mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "These major enhancements result in the fastest and most sensitive ion trap and Orbitrap mass spectrometers for any application involving complex mixtures."
The LTQ Velos - The reinvention of ion trap technology
The outstanding data quality and sensitivity of the LTQ Velos make it ideal for the analysis of complex mixtures, such as the identification of low level proteins and structural elucidation of metabolites in biological matrices.
For proteomics applications, the improvements in speed and sensitivity provide greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures, increasing the confidence of protein identification at low sample levels. The multiple fragmentation techniques available on the LTQ Velos enable more confident sequence assignment and post-translational modification (PTM) identification. Faster scan rates also reduce cycle times by up to 50 percent, doubling the number of proteins and peptides identified.
For metabolism applications, the dual pressure trap technology increases fragmentation efficiencies, resulting in faster, more confident structural elucidation. The improved speed and sensitivity combines with MSn capabilities, maximizing throughput while maintaining the superior data quality required for the identification and quantitation of multiple co-eluting compounds.
The LTQ Velos can be upgraded to the LTQ Orbitrap Velos, allowing laboratories to extend their initial investment to include accurate mass and ultra-high resolution capabilities with no compromise to sensitivity and speed of analysis.
The LTQ Orbitrap Velos - Powered by Orbitrap technology
The LTQ Orbitrap Velos combines the proven mass accuracy and ultra-high resolution of the Orbitrap mass analyzer, with the increased sensitivity and improved cycle time of the LTQ Velos to deliver high performance hybrid mass spectrometry.
The high mass accuracy of the LTQ Orbitrap Velos increases the speed and confidence of protein identification in complex samples by minimizing false positives. The ultra-high resolution delivers certainty in analytical results by enabling molecular weight determination for intact proteins and in-depth analysis of isobaric species. For proteomics researchers, these capabilities enable the identification of more proteins with increased sequence coverage and higher confidence.
The new HCD cell in the LTQ Orbitrap Velos is more efficient, resulting in improved quantitation of isobarically-labeled peptides, such as applications requiring tandem mass tags (TMT). Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD) generates complementary information for highly sensitive PTM analyses and de novo sequencing.
For metabolism applications, the LTQ Orbitrap Velos provides researchers with high-resolution accurate mass data for more confident structural elucidation.
With these new features, Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap technology remains the most comprehensive structural identification mass spectrometry instrument and the platform of choice for the most confident protein and metabolite identification, characterization and quantitation.
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos products, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth B1-C11 in Hall 6.1 at ACHEMA 2009. For more information about Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/velos.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ACHEMA 2009, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/achema09.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]